Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.25 Is On The Way For Release In Early 2020

Phoronix: Git 2.25 Is On The Way For Release In Early 2020

Git maintainer Junio Hamano released Git 2.25-rc0 on Christmas as the first test release en route to this next feature update for this widely-used distributed revision control system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is the worst with Git?
    Is there anything you would like to see in Git?
    Is there any major things planned for Git? Is there any roadmap for Git 3?

Comment

In before ui- Dang I am too late...

Comment

do we really need pre-announcements for each minor release? Each time I see it I want to go update git, until I release, oh, coming, something soon later, yeah, ... :-/

Comment

Guess what? Santa will be back in late 2020 ... And for sure there will be plenty of systemd, gnome and flatpack anouncements to come

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Learning curve if you're coming from a non-DVCS background.
            It should be able to complete the project I'm thinking about when a press Ctrl+Space, other than that it has everything and the kitchen sink.
            No idea and who cares about the version number? I actually don't need more features, I'm still struggling to get to terms with git restore.

Comment

I really hope Git someday adds functionality that actually requires external tools and/or services, including GitLab and GitHub.

What about built in issue and Pull/Merge request tracker? What about comments?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                I really hope Git someday adds functionality that actually requires external tools and/or services, including GitLab and GitHub.

What about built in issue and Pull/Merge request tracker? What about comments?
                So Git should become the systemd of VCS's?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So Git should become the systemd of VCS's?
                  Why not? Maybe not as much, but requiring less external tools.

Comment

git is just perfect as is. I do even manage cookies receipt with git: can't live without it!

Comment

Working...
                    X