Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Git 2.25 Is On The Way For Release In Early 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Git 2.25 Is On The Way For Release In Early 2020

    Phoronix: Git 2.25 Is On The Way For Release In Early 2020

    Git maintainer Junio Hamano released Git 2.25-rc0 on Christmas as the first test release en route to this next feature update for this widely-used distributed revision control system...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...5-rc0-Released

  • #2
    What is the worst with Git?
    Is there anything you would like to see in Git?
    Is there any major things planned for Git? Is there any roadmap for Git 3?

    Comment


    • #3
      In before ui- Dang I am too late...

      Comment


      • #4
        do we really need pre-announcements for each minor release? Each time I see it I want to go update git, until I release, oh, coming, something soon later, yeah, ... :-/

        Comment


        • #5
          Guess what? Santa will be back in late 2020 ... And for sure there will be plenty of systemd, gnome and flatpack anouncements to come

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            What is the worst with Git?
            Learning curve if you're coming from a non-DVCS background.
            Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Is there anything you would like to see in Git?
            It should be able to complete the project I'm thinking about when a press Ctrl+Space, other than that it has everything and the kitchen sink.
            Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Is there any major things planned for Git? Is there any roadmap for Git 3?
            No idea and who cares about the version number? I actually don't need more features, I'm still struggling to get to terms with git restore.

            Comment


            • #7
              I really hope Git someday adds functionality that actually requires external tools and/or services, including GitLab and GitHub.

              What about built in issue and Pull/Merge request tracker? What about comments?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                I really hope Git someday adds functionality that actually requires external tools and/or services, including GitLab and GitHub.

                What about built in issue and Pull/Merge request tracker? What about comments?
                So Git should become the systemd of VCS's?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

                  So Git should become the systemd of VCS's?
                  Why not? Maybe not as much, but requiring less external tools.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    What is the worst with Git?
                    Is there anything you would like to see in Git?
                    Is there any major things planned for Git? Is there any roadmap for Git 3?
                    git is just perfect as is. I do even manage cookies receipt with git: can't live without it!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X