Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Studio 3.1 Released With C++ Performance Profiler

Phoronix: Android Studio 3.1 Released With C++ Performance Profiler

A half-year after Android Studio 3.0, the Android Studio 3.1 integrated development environment for Android app developers is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I tried doing raw camera frame processing once and it was very difficult, as every manufacturer shipped their own camera library. Its easy to do in "Java" but data marshaling kills your performance. I would be interested in hearing the experience people have had with C++ on Android, and why they chose that route. I tried it a few years ago and it was a very very painful experience (like most things mobile; these APIs and made up concepts like Activities are horrible).

Comment

Originally posted by bpetty View Post
      I tried doing raw camera frame processing once and it was very difficult, as every manufacturer shipped their own camera library. Its easy to do in "Java"
      Likewise, I needed to perform video compression from C++ and there didn't seem to be a standard API I could use that would support all hardware >= the API rev. I'm no NDK expert, so perhaps I missed something, but I think that API rev just didn't have it.

In my case, I needed to use C++ libraries for point cloud processing and computer vision.

I imagine Google might be seeing more/sustained interest in C++ driven by VR and AR developers.

Comment

New Android Studio 3.1 features make editing inline SQL/Room Database code in the Android project much easier. This release has SQL code completion in @Query declarations, SQL code navigation across projects and better SQL statement refactoring.

Google has unveiled Android Studio 3.1 full version and is now available for download. Android Studio 3.1 features help the app development platform a way better. Kotlin Lint Checks, C++ performance profiler, D8 Dex Compiler are few of the interesting features which Android Studio latest version stores.

Comment

Working...
        X