Eelo: The Latest Linux Mobile Attempt, Led By Mandrake's Founder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post

But the important point is, a customized fork of LineageOS has a hundred times the chances of sustainable success of other attempts to make an open source Android competitor like FirefoxOS or Ubuntu Touch.
    LineageOS is an open source, Google free (by default, gapps can be installed if you want) Android distribution. I wonder what this fork is good for.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Eelo: The Latest Linux Mobile Attempt, Led By Mandrake's Founder

The latest project aiming for an open-source mobile Linux operating system that is privacy-minded is Eelo. This project does have some merit as it's being started by the original creator of Mandrake Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...obile-Linux-OS
      I actually have more faith in Librem 5 succeeding far more than any wannabe Android competitor competing with Google on Google's terms.... This seems a bit DOA.

Comment

Originally posted by tzui View Post

LineageOS is an open source, Google free (by default, gapps can be installed if you want) Android distribution. I wonder what this fork is good for.
        Good question. Yeah, it's hard to sell someone on something that's 95% the same as standard Android. But Firefox OS, WebOS, Ubuntu Touch, and all of those other attempts to compete with Android failed because there was just too much work to do in order to reach a viable product.

Comment

Working...
        X