No announcement yet.

Purism Highlights Challenges During Coreboot Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

microcode code I didn't know multilang Canadian keyboards also used that type of keyboard but it makes sense.
    M@GOidThe Brazilian keybord has an extra key at the right shift key other than that it looked the same as the european keybords.
    johanb so it is possible to order a "real keyboard" for +$79 that had slipped pass me, thanks for the heads up. I guess it's possible to order a set of stickers for the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post

Compose key is your friend. (in opensuse kde that's "right shift+right ctrl") (also note that you push the composed letter one after the other, it's not a key combo, but a key sequence.

As in "compose", "o", "a" : å,
      "compose", ' " ' "a" : ä
      compose, /, o : ø
      compose, o, e : œ
      compose, a, e : æ
      compose, t, h : þ
      compose, . , i : ı
      compose, =, e : €
      compose, =, Y : ¥
      compose, !, ! : ¡
      compose, . , . : …
      compose, <, < : «

etc.

The best thing : This mechanism works regardless of the actual keyboard mapping.
      It only relies on either a physical "compose" key or a keybinding, and then only a sequence of plain ASCII characters present on any keyboard.
      Nearly any caracter used in any latin derivated alphabet can be composed using whatever mapping your current keyboard uses.
      Great tip, but if you use any of those letters often it will become incredibly tedious.
      Personally I would probably smash my keyboard into the wall and buy a new one after a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post
        Great tip, but if you use any of those letters often it will become incredibly tedious.
        Personally I would probably smash my keyboard into the wall and buy a new one after a few days.
        If you use any of those letters often (like typing your e-mails on a laptop), you use a keyboard layout that matches your language, or use multiple switchable layouts (as Cape suggested).
        The initial comment was about how to type accented characters on a US keyboard (e.g.: a mostly English speaking user, a keyboard mainly used for programming, no other layouts available). I'm just showing there's a way if you need to just quickly type a few (as debianxfce suggested - I was just expanding on other key combos that don't have a dead key).

Note: putting stickers for showing extra layouts on your current keyboard is cheaper than smashing it an buying a new one.

Comment

Working...
        X