Jolla Puts Out Sailfish OS "Fiskarsinjoki" In Early Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

"Fiskars River".. could have been worse. Something with a 20+ characters,of which 1/4 just happens to be ä,ö.y
    Yeah if I ever ship a product I will name it dziewięćsetdziewięćdziesiątdziewięćmiliardówdziewi ęćsetdziewięćdziesiątdziewięćmilionówdziewięćsetdz iewięćdziesiątdziewięćtysięcydziewięćsetdziewięćdz iesięciodziewięcioletniego (it's a real word) or just pięćdziesięciogroszówka to make it short and memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by killyou View Post

Yeah if I ever ship a product I will name it dziewięćsetdziewięćdziesiątdziewięćmiliardówdziewi ęćsetdziewięćdziesiątdziewięćmilionówdziewięćsetdz iewięćdziesiątdziewięćtysięcydziewięćsetdziewięćdz iesięciodziewięcioletniego (it's a real word) or just pięćdziesięciogroszówka to make it short and memorable.
      The latter would work, after some practice.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
        Does anyone still care?
        I sorta care. I had high hopes before the tablet implosion. The hope was for a decent tablet OS that wasn't stolen from Apple the way Android was. However Jolla never really was hitting on all cylinders and seem to be of the Wrong mindset to really at track developers and users. I would love to see an OS and open platform for use on tablets. At this point I think it would take a mirical to get Jolla running on a purpose built tablet and marketed by a company with a chance in hell of being successful.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
          What does this OS run on?
          That is a good question. Certainly nothing that is causing excitement and making Jolla visible to the wider user base out there.

Comment

Originally posted by sverris View Post
            Do you really believe that anyone with a Sailfish-running device would give a sh*t about a nick name?
            As I said, I hope they keep this as a nick and not as a true release name.

Originally posted by stqn View Post
            What does this OS run on?
            Pretty unremarkable stuff.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what's the translation of that?

The first seems like some kind of number ("miliardo" and "miliono").

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                Out of curiosity, what's the translation of that?

The first seems like some kind of number ("miliardo" and "miliono").
                Extremely long number. I think he made typing errors in it as well, since Google Translate gets stuck after "nine hundred ninety-nine billion nine". Also it appears to be not a single word but three. Language is Polish.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Extremely long number. I think he made typing errors in it as well, since Google Translate gets stuck after "nine hundred ninety-nine billion nine". Also it appears to be not a single word but three. Language is Polish.
                  It's a single word but Phoronix forum divided it into three. And yeah, thats a number. In Polish language due to the how the number system works you can create infinitely long words representing numbers. The second one mash 50 groszy coin (equivalent of 50 cent).

Comment

It's a single word but Phoronix forum divided it into three. And yeah, thats a number. In Polish language due to the how the number system works you can create infinitely long words representing numbers. The second one mash 50 groszy coin (equivalent of 50 cent).
                    Can be done in many languages up to infinite lenght without resorting to using numbers. "isapaabulinnusabakattesulesilmamunavärvivabrikuku ldväravaauvahtkonnaülemapühapäevajakirinnataskusis evoodrivahe" ("the peacock's tail's covert feather's eyeball's color factory's golden gate's guard's head's Sunday jacket's breast pocket's inner lining gap"). Language is Estonian, close relative to Finnish.

Comment

Working...
                    X