X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e8hffff
    replied
    Originally posted by kmare View Post
    The Snapdragon 805 is a 32-bit processor based on the ARM Cortex-A15, not 64-bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualcom...Snapdragon_805
    Noticed that error too. Makes the Nexus 6 less attractive, and rather old regarding its CPU. Probbly better to get the 64bit Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Leave a comment:

• zanny
    replied
    Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
    I wish laptop manufacturers would enter the display race in these times when they still sell laptops with 1366x768 screens
    They run Windows, which cannot handle DPI changes. Thus, they do not innovate. Look at how Chromebooks are pushing 1080p displays at $300 and 13.3", where to get one of those on any other kind of notebook costs $1000 or more at 14" or more.

I wish Google would come up with a solution for people that can't stream all their media. There must be some way to get sdcards to work.
    The solution has to be "don't buy their stuff". I got a Galaxy S4 over a Nexus 5 strictly due to the sd storage, and I have 80GB (16 + 64) filled up. Gonna have to put Paranoid Android on it some time soon because it won't get the L update. There is no real world limitation on Google preventing them from giving users replaceable batteries, sd card slots, or hdmi outputs, but they intentionally do not out of a desire for profit and that in reality only a small segment of their potential audience cares.

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied
    No details of international release from what I can see, no prices in Euros or GBP. Come on Google, you're leveraging our tax laws to their fullest to make piles of money, throw us Europeans a bone.

Leave a comment:

• kmare
    replied
    This new high-end Nexus smart-phone uses a 64-bit Snapdragon 805 processor by Qualcomm.
    The Snapdragon 805 is a 32-bit processor based on the ARM Cortex-A15, not 64-bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualcom...Snapdragon_805

Leave a comment:

• tuke81
    replied
    The Nexus 9 that was finally announced today is an HTC-manufactured device and meets the other speculations set by earlier rumors. The Nexus 9 has a 2048 x 1440 8.9-inch display, 2GB of RAM, 16/32GB storage options, and perhaps most exciting for us is that it features NVIDIA's Tegra K1 SoC. The Tegra K1 SoC is my most favorite ARM System-on-a-Chip at the moment with offering stellar CPU performance and excellent graphics via its Kepler derived GPU core. The Nexus 9 will be available via retail channels in early November.
    ...And it's a 64bit dual core denver variant of tegra k1. I would love to see more than 2GB of ram though.

Leave a comment:

• r1348
    replied
    Prices for the unlocked versions?

Leave a comment:

• mmmbop
    replied
    sdcard

I wish Google would come up with a solution for people that can't stream all their media. There must be some way to get sdcards to work.

Leave a comment:

• OneTimeShot
    replied
    Is there a minimum hardware compatibility list? In particular, what version of OpenGL ES does it guarantee? Does it guarantee VP9 hardware encode/decode?

Leave a comment:

• nerdopolis
    replied
    Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Do we actually need 2560x1440 smartphone displays?
    When will this display size race stop - when the smartphones don't fit neither in your pocket nor in your hand?
    I wish laptop manufacturers would enter the display race in these times when they still sell laptops with 1366x768 screens

Leave a comment:

• maslascher
    replied
    Phoneronix

Do we actually need 2560x1440 smartphone displays?
    Nope. But phone companies do not know what else can be puted inside smartphone.
    When will this display size race stop - when the smartphones don't fit neither in your pocket nor in your hand?
    It won't stop(see above). 6 inches is more like phablet than smartphone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X