Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeoLinuX
    replied
    No one commenting on Nexus Media Player having an intel architecture i386 64bit?
    I'd buy it tomorrow, if only it had an Ethernet port!!!!!!!

hell, why should I clutter my wifi channel at home when I have a cabled house

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    No SD ?

No thanks

Leave a comment:

• molecule-eye
    replied
    Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
    ...And it's a 64bit dual core denver variant of tegra k1. I would love to see more than 2GB of ram though.
    Talk about lack of future proofing. Even a lack of present proofing!

Leave a comment:

• hajj_3
    replied
    the nexus 6 is $650 and has no micro sd slot, it is a joke.

The nexus tv box thing has nice hardware but it has no ethernet port otherwise it could have make a nice cheap small linux pc when used with a usb hub. Technically you could put a usb to ethernet device into a usb hub but that it getting pretty annoying. The amazon fire tv would make a great linux box but they keep releasing firmware updates to block people's rooting attempts, it is unlikely that google would do the same.

The nexus 9 looks very nice and has a nice price ($399), but no micro sd, shame.

Leave a comment:

• drspinderwalf
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    6 inch screen. Phone. Beyond stupid.
    I've gotta admit, I really don't get why people want such big phones. I don't like iPhones one bit but their sizing was just right. I've got an old 4.3 inch display on my HTC Sensation and I have major issues using the phone with one hand. If I'm reading in bed I drop it on myself all the time. Then again, it might be the very rounded casing on the phone.

Then again, I don't use my phone for much. Calendar, email, browsing, owncloud sync, and some various other F-Droid apps. that's pretty much it. So perhaps my use case is too... clerical to be really indicative of the general population's usage. I don't really play games or watch movies on phones.
    Last edited by drspinderwalf; 15 October 2014, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• a user
    replied
    why oh way did they had to make the nexus 9 display 4:3 -.-

this is the only thing that may stop me from buying it.

Leave a comment:

• Zola
    replied
    Set top box

Only even remotely interesting device announced today by Google is 99$ set top Android box even I don't think it will be good as I don't believe SoC is up to date...
    The new Nexus line is real disappointment in many ways (phablet SoC & tablet price).
    I am not crazy to give 500$ for Nexus 9 with LTE!
    Why don't you cover Cube T7? With MT6752 SoC, decent enough specs 2x LTE...
    Rumor is that Xiami is preparing Ubuntu phone to work with same SoC. If its true it will be relatively easily portable to all devices with same SoC.
    Forgot to mention that Cube's T7 price tag is 163$. T7 is just first to come.

Leave a comment:

• e8hffff
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    The real point is the bigger the phone the cheaper it is to make, but they aren't reducing the price.

Leave a comment:

• all2well
    replied
    Originally posted by zanny View Post
    There is no real world limitation on Google preventing them from giving users replaceable batteries, sd card slots, or hdmi outputs, but they intentionally do not out of a desire for profit and that in reality only a small segment of their potential audience cares.
    They've said prior that they don't do expandable storage because they don't think it makes for a good user experience.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X