Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NovaCustom Announces "Fastest Coreboot Laptops In The World" Built On Intel Core Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeowDib View Post
    Starts to throttle at 75 degrees instead of 90. Is this a good idea? I know it will run cooler but together with the fans running low, won't performance be affected? Or is this only on battery power?
    Dasharo Coreboot gives you a few different power profiles, you can set it to what you like. Personally I keep it at the lower temperature setting for throttling, and I haven't noticed a performance loss for things like compiling, but I'm not a gamer. I'm sure for the gamers you would want the various higher performance settings in place.

Comment

Intel? Excuse me while I go vomit.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
        this is a tough product to beat for AMD since nothing like coreboot exists in that camp.
        Ryzen Chromebooks

Comment

To be honest, just played Star Citizen Alpha 3.22 yesterday on my Framework 16 Ryzen 7840HS + 64Gb Ram + Gen4 PCIe gen4 + RX7700S on a 165Hz 2K screen.
          I doubt that one will he able to run it as smooth as that one
          I admit, I'd like to have Coreboot on it - and maybe this will come one day. But in the meantime I can replace all parts if required.
          Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
            Intel? Excuse me while I go vomit.
            There is no reason to have this attitude, I use AMD personally, but Intel is a really strong supporter of Linux.

Comment

Hard pass for me, while the pricing is still borderline acceptable for a top configuration, the I/O port selection is poor, only 3 USB ports and no dedicated DisplayPort on such a premium laptop. All these new laptops are glorified thin toys, my old Dell Precision M6800 Covet is packed with 5 USB ports and everything imaginable, they don't build them like they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
                Let me preface this by saying I am not kidding with what I am about to say.
                I absolutely love everything about this.
                The website is professionally coded, responsive, stylish and well laid out.
                Their prices are very competitive, I decided to max out a laptop, with 96gb ram, 8tb NVMe. 2.5k 16" screen, and an 8gb RTX 4070, $3700.
                Best of all they allow you to install the OS of your choice, any Linux distro, Windows or a dual boot.
                Hey, System76 and Tinybox, if you guys happen to run across this thread, this is how you run a business and how you attract customers!!!
                I normally look for HP systems on sale and then upgrade them but if i was in the market for a laptop preconfigured, these are the people i would reach out to.
                if you recommend this laptop then it is 100% sure i will never buy the laptop...

coreboot on this laptop is clearly Astroturfing​....

Red Semiconductor - mission is to develop & deliver a new class of microprocessor chip set optimised for vector instructions.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by vextium View Post

There is no reason to have this attitude, I use AMD personally, but Intel is a really strong supporter of Linux.
                  It's not about their linux support (which is good, i know we have them to thank for a lot of good stuff, not denying that, though their audio drivers fucking suck), it's about their hardware, and markteing strategies, but mostly their hardware, if they start making cores that can properly compete with AMD's again I probably wouldn't hesitate to buy them if they were competitively priced (lol, intel pricing competitively, as if). I buy what's objectively best within my budget in general when I go hardware shopping.

Recently most of their marketing has just been centered around trying to bash AMD because they cannot find anything good to say about their own products.

My last laptop was intel and I was perfectly happy with it, my current laptop is AMD and I'm quite a lot more happy with it. The generational gap was small (maybe 3-4 years), the CPUs are in the same kind of performance positioning and price positioning relative to their generations, the laptops themselves cost about the same even.

But this AMD core runs cooler, it's so much faster it's not even funny, has more threads and it's igpu is so good I would be able to just not use my dgpu at all if I ever had a reason to and still play just about any game (thanks largely to FSR tho).
                  Last edited by rabcor; 06 April 2024, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X