Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUXEDO Computers Updates Its Linux Control Center Software

Phoronix: TUXEDO Computers Updates Its Linux Control Center Software

Bavarian Linux PC vendor TUXEDO Computers has announced TUXEDO Control Center 2.1 as their newest update to this software for managing your notebook's vitals from the Linux desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sounds like a nice update. Unfortunately, installing TCC with its Electron based GUI on non-Tuxedo distros is such a pain, so I hope that some of those features will make their way into tuxedo-rs soon.

Comment

TUXEDO guys are nice. Good customer service.

Comment

Any chance that this utility will be expanded to work with hardware other than TUXEDO's own in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by gnarlin View Post
          Any chance that this utility will be expanded to work with hardware other than TUXEDO's own in the future?
          FYI if anybody's using hardware that is commonly white-labeled, it might be worth giving it a go. Not sure about your particular situation, but I have a random Clevo P650RS-G that I installed their suite on some time ago (running Mint), and it controlled my fans perfectly. I don't know if they ever white-labeled that particular model, but apparently it was close enough.

Comment

While I don't have any problem with Tuxedo making such a control center, this should really already exist in the relevant desktop environment's. One of the nice things I like about Linux (vs Windows) is you don't have this "laptop manufacturer making yet again another control panel" NIH syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by gnarlin View Post
              I doubt this software does anything but blacklisting drivers in modprobe configs. The real solution is to disable dGPU from the BIOS so that it's not powered up at all, wasting energy and frying your balls.

Comment

Working...
              X