TUXEDO Computers Launches Zen 4 Linux Laptop With 32GB RAM & 3K Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUXEDO Computers Launches Zen 4 Linux Laptop With 32GB RAM & 3K Display

Phoronix: TUXEDO Computers Launches Zen 4 Linux Laptop With 32GB RAM & 3K Display

Bavarian Linux PC vendor TUXEDO Computers has introduced their first Ryzen 7040 series "Zen 4" Linux laptop in the form of the Pulse 14 Gen 3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmmm. A 300 nit display hardly sounds premium, and 100% of sRGB is literally the minimum you can do.

Comment

* 8 cores / 16 threads for 1000+, isnt it pricey?

Comment

Originally posted by jindam View Post
        Well, they are proper cores, not the gimped E-cores you’d get in an Intel CPU.

Comment

14 inch? No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jindam View Post

dude a dell is Inspiron 16 2-in-1 Laptop for 799, even though dell wont let you have amd and more than 1920x1200

Comment

Wow, that looks really good. I do wish the keyboard had dedicated home/end/pageup/pagedown keys. Other than that, it'd be a strong contender for my next laptop.

Comment

What's going on with AMD and Thuderbolt?

Comment

Too bad it's not a 17" 4k screen with a 90+ Wh battery

Comment

This looks very close in specs to the Lenovo T14s Gen 4. 1800p screen faster refresh less nits, 32GB soldered 6400 RAM, about the same battery about the same price. HS instead of U processor, hopefully that can be underclocked to be more like the U. The tuxedo has 2 full M.2 2280, the Lenovo only has one 2280 and one 2230. Assuming tuxedo's build quality is up to par it has the edge IMO price equal.

For my very specific use case of wanting lots of storage without breaking the bank the tuxedo is looking tasty. A 2TB SSD is £84, 4TB £197, 8TB £800, so being able to double up a lower capacity drive is the way to go. An 8 core with 32GB RAM and 8TB storage and >1080p screen for ~£1500 isn't terrible, would last me a decade. But 64GB would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X