Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.14 Works Around Compatibility With Some Digital Camera exFAT File-Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

The few times I've encountered Fuji products they were always out of spec somewhere on the product (broken USB Mass Storage usually) and they never fixed the problem(s). Avoid Fuji products if you value your sanity and compatibility.
    The Fuji low end cameras are crap, but the X series is pretty solid design overall with long term commitment to firmware updates, from what I've heard.

Comment

From the mailing list:
      Thanks, I came across this while debugging why directories produced on my Fuji X-T4 were truncated at 2^12 dentries.
      Huh! That's interesting. Older cameras (X-Trans III based and older) stores only 1000 photos per folder.
      Last edited by puleglot; 06 July 2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

The few times I've encountered Fuji products they were always out of spec somewhere on the product (broken USB Mass Storage usually) and they never fixed the problem(s). Avoid Fuji products if you value your sanity and compatibility.
        There are only 2 quirks for Fujifilm cameras in the linux usb mass storage driver. And both models are very old. X-series cameras supports only PTP mode AFAIK.

Comment

It looks like MacOS is also affected by the same camera firmware issue:
          Photos missing from SD Cards on Macs for Fujifilm, Sony, Nikon, Canon, etc. users who shoot more than 4,096 photos. This SD card problem affects Mac users (n...

Comment

Working...
          X