System76 Pangolin Laptop Launches - Powered By AMD Ryzen 4000 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System76 Pangolin Laptop Launches - Powered By AMD Ryzen 4000 Series

Phoronix: System76 Pangolin Laptop Launches - Powered By AMD Ryzen 4000 Series

Going back to last December System76 had been teasing a new Pangolin laptop that would be AMD powered. Finally their new laptop has launched with Ryzen 4000 series mobile processors and making use of the integrated Radeon graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool. The oddest thing about System76 for me has been their consistent use of NVIDIA GPUs; they render their other machines basically useless to me.

Comment

1080p, 16:9 ratio in 2021, seriously?

All the major manufacturers have moved to 16:10 and 3:2 now. Especially as Linux users are more likely to do actual work on their machines makes this all the more important.

Comment

Sadly, this is not price competitive with other offerings in the market like the Dell G5 SE with a dedicated Radeon GPU and a 4800U for just over $1000.

Comment

Originally posted by dylanmtaylor View Post
          Sadly, this is not price competitive with other offerings in the market like the Dell G5 SE with a dedicated Radeon GPU and a 4800U for just over $1000.
          It just so happens that I was visiting Lenovo's website today. +$140 for extra 8GB of DDR4-2933. So these are competitive, at least in certain aspects.

Comment

A bit late... Now that 5000 series devices are in production I think I'll wait for those. Better performance and battery life and maybe this time we can actually buy them...

Comment

Ah, so Clevo finally made an AMD laptop?

Comment

As usual, most companies that sell laptops with AMD cpus, always downgrade the specs when it's an AMD laptop vs an INTEL laptop.

14" lemur(intel cpu) = 73wh battery , ports: 1× USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A, 1× USB 3.0 Type-A, 1 × USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C / Thunderbolt™ 4, MicroSD Card Reader

15" pangolin (AMD cpu) = 49wh battery , ports: 1× USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 × USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 2× USB 2.0 Type-A, MicroSD Card Reader

The one to blame here is probably Clevo and NOT system76, but still, this is how these laptops compare.

Comment

Those silly marketing strategies to sell you a Ryzen with a Radeon unit rather than a Vega one...

Comment

Originally posted by tornado99 View Post
                    1080p, 16:9 ratio in 2021, seriously?

All the major manufacturers have moved to 16:10 and 3:2 now. Especially as Linux users are more likely to do actual work on their machines makes this all the more important.
                    16:10? 16:10 is dead man only apple uses that shit

Comment

Working...
                    X