No announcement yet.

Lenovo Laptop Platform Profile Support Queued Ahead Of Linux 5.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the "Linux ready" laptops from Lenovo at the moment? It's quite hard to navigate that website.

Comment

Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
      What are the "Linux ready" laptops from Lenovo at the moment? It's quite hard to navigate that website.
      All Intel-based Think-branded products, nothing else.

Comment

I just bought a Thinkbook 14 G2 ARE machine from Lenovo, which is full AMD (but the wifi is Intel, lol). Everything works flawlessly so far, not even a single proprietary driver was recommended! I'm very pleased for now.

Comment

Originally posted by moriel5 View Post

All Intel-based Think-branded products, nothing else.
          That's not entirely true; the ThinkPad P14s AMD, for example, is certified by Canonical and can come preinstalled with Ubuntu 20.04 (although I don't see the option anymore on the website).

Comment

Originally posted by Gobelet View Post

That's not entirely true; the ThinkPad P14s AMD, for example, is certified by Canonical and can come preinstalled with Ubuntu 20.04 (although I don't see the option anymore on the website).
            Thanks, that is certainly new, and wasn't the case back when I had looked into the situation.

Comment

I found this landing page is useful. https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/d/linux-laptops-desktops

Comment

Working...
              X