X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moriel5
    replied
    Originally posted by Gobelet View Post

That's not entirely true; the ThinkPad P14s AMD, for example, is certified by Canonical and can come preinstalled with Ubuntu 20.04 (although I don't see the option anymore on the website).
    Thanks, that is certainly new, and wasn't the case back when I had looked into the situation.

Leave a comment:

• Gobelet
    replied
    Originally posted by moriel5 View Post

All Intel-based Think-branded products, nothing else.
    That's not entirely true; the ThinkPad P14s AMD, for example, is certified by Canonical and can come preinstalled with Ubuntu 20.04 (although I don't see the option anymore on the website).

Leave a comment:

• HokTar
    replied
    Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
    What are the "Linux ready" laptops from Lenovo at the moment? It's quite hard to navigate that website.
    I just bought a Thinkbook 14 G2 ARE machine from Lenovo, which is full AMD (but the wifi is Intel, lol). Everything works flawlessly so far, not even a single proprietary driver was recommended! I'm very pleased for now.

Leave a comment:

• moriel5
    replied
    Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
    What are the "Linux ready" laptops from Lenovo at the moment? It's quite hard to navigate that website.
    All Intel-based Think-branded products, nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• juxuanu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ciupenhauer
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob72 View Post

With Ultrabooks I guess your referring to the Lenovo X line of ThinkPads, like the various X1 and X13 models? Those are obviously covered by the thinkpad_acpi driver.
    Actually was referring more to the yoga lines and the new slim 7/ slim7 pro (I think those might be ideaPads)

Leave a comment:

• elatllat
    replied
    So
    /sys/firmware/platform_profile
    is the same as setting

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq
    and
    /sys/devices/platform/applesmc.768/fan1_output
    or changing the bios config... so many hardware dependant ways of doing the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Rob72
    replied
    Originally posted by ciupenhauer View Post
    Will this be ultimately extended to their ultrabook lines? or they are already included in this
    More and more reasons to buy a Lenovo, specially if they ship with new zen3
    With Ultrabooks I guess your referring to the Lenovo X line of ThinkPads, like the various X1 and X13 models? Those are obviously covered by the thinkpad_acpi driver.

Leave a comment:

• f0rmat
    replied
    michael

Possible tense/verb mismatch typo:

As noted in that article from December, this platform profile support is allow altering the laptop hardware's operating profile characteristics around power/performance levels and in turn thermal and fan speed behavior
    Perhaps "...support is allowed to alter the..."

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
    Also...what the heck does DYTC stand for ?
    Educated guess: DYnamic Thermal Controller

Leave a comment:

Working...
X