Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icculus Ports Prey Game Client To Linux

Phoronix: Icculus Ports Prey Game Client To Linux

The Linux client for Unreal Tournament 3 has yet to be released, and almost one year later we still have no idea when this game will arrive for Linux. Ryan Gordon (a.k.a...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe it's just me, but I was looking forward to a review of the game or something, rather than just a comparison of it's release to UT3's lack of a release.

-dhg

Comment

nice

I've been playing through prey with wine, but a native version will be even better.

Comment

Wow, I didn't see that coming. I'll check out the demo at the very least. I don't know much about the game except I remember hearing about it way back in 1998 and was equally surprised when it came out all those years later.

Comment

Great! I was playing it in wine, but I prefer a native client offcourse

I edited the wikipedia page, it now mentions that the linux version was released this day, and cites the phoronix article as a source.

Comment

This article is incorrect. The Linux client has NOT been released yet, only the demo.

Comment

I see where the confusion came from now. The news story posted by Ryan jumped the gun and put client instead of demo.

Comment

Comment

Nothing new, a working version of the demo existed back in 2006. It was ported from the binary by the alky project (now dead). It is the same team that ported halo2 pc to XP. They have some kind of auto reverse engeneering tools (GPLed) to translate DX code to OpenGL. The game have always been close to work under Linux.

Comment

I welcome this news. Without Icculus, we'd be getting nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X