Micro Machines World Series Is Driving On Linux This Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
    Heh. I relived the old Amiga version a while back and couldn't believe how much I sucked at it. I swear it never used to be that hard.
    Hand-eye coordination doing its thing

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Hand-eye coordination doing its thing
      More like you forgot how to play and need to re-learn.

Comment

Heh. I relived the old Amiga version a while back and couldn't believe how much I sucked at it. I swear it never used to be that hard.
        And it was much less demanding in terms of resources...

Comment

Yeah side effect of getting older... response time isn't what it used to be...

But now that we're older we can make excuses! And good ones!

There's input lag now... the Amiga had effectively zero input lag since the copperlist drove the raster direct to the CRT and these games usually were adjusting the copperlist just ahead of the beam position... no double-buffering. So playing it on an emulator that uses double buffering, to X which has another buffering layer with the compositor, to the display card which rasterizes to scale and lighting buffers, then transmits over DP/HDMI etc to the panel, which then decodes and writes to FRC-dithered buffers... if you're lucky you're 3 frames behind by the time you see it....

So if you want to feel young again, hook up the real Amiga to a CRT display! ;-)
          Last edited by linuxgeex; 01 June 2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post
            But now that we're older we can make excuses! And good ones!
            Lol.

Sounds like the reasons people buy overpriced gaming crap with 10000000DPI laser mices and PS/2 mechanical keyboards with no ghosting/rollover, and high-end GPUs to push 120fps on high-end gaming screens.

Comment

Recently I tried to play Super Mario, it was damn hard, probably I was more patient as a child, I tied to speed run through it, I was dying all the time, I can't believe that I was able to complete that damn game when I was 8 years old

Comment

Working...
              X