Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Machines World Series Is Driving On Linux This Month

Phoronix: Micro Machines World Series Is Driving On Linux This Month

Virtual Programming has revealed their latest noteworthy Linux game port: Micro Machines World Series...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d-Series-Linux

Actually looks pretty fun. I haven't heard the name "Micro Machines" in a while, so it's cool to see they're still around.

I'd have to say it's kind of weird for a kids game to be ported to Linux (I don't think too many children would know how to set up Steam on a Linux box) but I'm certainly not complaining.

Comment

Here it's around $20. I hate how I can't change the currency in Steam, especially in the mobile version.

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      I don't think too many children would know how to set up Steam on a Linux box
      What about set up by their parents?

Comment

Actually looks pretty fun. I haven't heard the name "Micro Machines" in a while, so it's cool to see they're still around.

I'd have to say it's kind of weird for a kids game to be ported to Linux (I don't think too many children would know how to set up Steam on a Linux box) but I'm certainly not complaining.
        Well there's the case of a "steam machine" with steamOS? But as tildearrow said, their parents could do it as well.

Comment

<trolling mode="on">
          They are just targeting the main Linux audience.
          </trolling>

Comment

Great news! I loved the original Micro Machines game on the Amiga back in the 90's. Hope it's nostalgia made right..

Comment

It's reasonable to assume that they are aiming for parents, MM is a very long-lived brand, many parents played with them when they were children.

After all most old brands are pulling the same trick nowadays, most known one is Star Wars (Disney).

Comment

Heh. I relived the old Amiga version a while back and couldn't believe how much I sucked at it. I swear it never used to be that hard.

Comment

Looks like another game I can't purchase because I won't install Steam, won't get a credit card or will ever use a certain payment service again because I lost money through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Schugy View Post
                    Looks like another game I can't purchase because I won't install Steam, won't get a credit card or will ever use a certain payment service again because I lost money through it.
                    No offence, but that's your own self-imposed limitations.
                    On the flip side, you won't waste money on games you'll never have the time to actually play.

Comment

Working...
                    X