No announcement yet.

Feral Interactive Releasing HITMAN For Linux This Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, freaking awesome, already played it on Windows and let me tell you this game's worth every penny, Best Hitman game to date (I've played em all)

Just remember to buy the full season because well it would suck to only have one mission and not be able to progress the bits of storyline the game's got going on.

The map design blew my mind, the maps are HUGE
    Last edited by rabcor; 07 February 2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Hm, maybe I'll buy this game after all. Though I doubt a game of this caliber will have Day-1 RadeonSI support, and even more I doubt it'll have any kind of acceptable performance since it won't be using Vulkan (which is a shame, really).

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        That was expected. Now, will this be their first Vulkan port? If not, I'm not dying because of it. Hitman looks like one of those games were the low level API bring nothing in terms of performance. But it would be nice to have another big title in Vulkan to test drivers against.
        Check the first question on the youtube video, it will not have Vulkan.

Another game I already own and enjoy on Windows. Will be fun to try that out on Linux aswell.
        Last edited by dlq84; 07 February 2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

This game reminds me a bit of the first Hitman Must buy.

Comment

Now I just need a computer to play this... Well, luckily Ryzen is coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
              Hm, maybe I'll buy this game after all. Though I doubt a game of this caliber will have Day-1 RadeonSI support, and even more I doubt it'll have any kind of acceptable performance since it won't be using Vulkan (which is a shame, really).
              Why would you assume that? Feral just announced full support for AMD mesa users on the upcoming Dirt Rally port. I think we are at the stage where day1 support is going to become more and more common.

As for performance, its always improving on radeonsi and Vulkan ports are coming this year, just a little bit of patience. Things look really positive.
              Last edited by LeJimster; 07 February 2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

What I assume specifically is that it will have similar issues as Deus Ex: Mankind Divided does. The games Feral annouces Mesa support for are mostly older titles, and games that aren't really demanding in nature.

I think we are at the stage where day1 support is going to become more and more common.
                I don't argue with that. But since the game is due to come out this month, we might still be at Mesa 13, which by then will be rather old considering the rather rapid pace at which it is being developed. Even if Mesa 17 comes out earlier than the game, we'd still be missing out on the things that are being implemented or finished up right now and won't make it into the first release (Shader Cache being one of them, unless I misunderstand the article).

As for performance, its always improving on radeonsi
                radeonsi isn't necessarily the main issue here. On the contrary, in Tomb Raider I get almost twice the performance on radeonsi as I did on the Nvidia blob with my old GTX 670, even though the game is horribly CPU bound in both cases, some other games also run slightly better. However, the respective Windows versions are still 2-3x as fast on my machine. And looking at an apitrace of Tomb Raider, which for instance doesn't even seem to be using VAOs, I am genuinely not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
                  What I assume specifically is that it will have similar issues as Deus Ex: Mankind Divided does. The games Feral annouces Mesa support for are mostly older titles, and games that aren't really demanding in nature.

I don't argue with that. But since the game is due to come out this month, we might still be at Mesa 13, which by then will be rather old considering the rather rapid pace at which it is being developed. Even if Mesa 17 comes out earlier than the game, we'd still be missing out on the things that are being implemented or finished up right now and won't make it into the first release (Shader Cache being one of them, unless I misunderstand the article).

radeonsi isn't necessarily the main issue here. On the contrary, in Tomb Raider I get almost twice the performance on radeonsi as I did on the Nvidia blob with my old GTX 670, even though the game is horribly CPU bound in both cases, some other games also run slightly better. However, the respective Windows versions are still 2-3x as fast on my machine. And looking at an apitrace of Tomb Raider, which for instance doesn't even seem to be using VAOs, I am genuinely not surprised.
                  whats a VAO?

Comment

An OGL technique to save computing power that can be used for other things in the meantime.

Comment

Vertex Array Object

I am just starting to learn OpenGL today from this tutorial: http://openglbook.com/the-book/ I got to chapter 2, where I draw a triangle, and I understand everything except VAOs (is this acronym OK...

Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X