Testing Deus Ex On Linux With RadeonSI Mesa, AMDGPU-PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    But as Marek said, they probably get advantage of something else that is optimized and interact with bindless_texture extension using nvidia driver.
    4.3) SSBO
    4.3) Multi-Draw Indirect
    4.4) Buffer Storage
    ARB) Bindless

Without the last probably 3-5 times slower.

Comment

Performance vary, you can't say if sameone implement that set of extensions it should be in range of <this much> faster.

It should reduce API overhead OK, but how much els will get no one knows - maybe just 1.1-1.4 times for some implementations, well maybe even more but who know that

Comment

So if we're 3-5 times slower without bindless texture and running maybe 1/2 as fast as NVIDIA now does that mean we'll be 2x as fast as NVidia with it?

That's fantastic, I had no idea what we were missing.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          I guess people read something like this and think that this kind of perf would translate to every app

Measurements have shown that bindless graphics can result in more than 7x speedup!

Comment

Bindless Graphics: More Than 7X Speedup!

Now it looks even better, even if does not mean much

Comment

So if we're 3-5 times slower without bindless texture and running maybe 1/2 as fast as NVIDIA now does that mean we'll be 2x as fast as NVidia with it?

I was speaking about overhead. If you try it, GPU wise you will be at the same level as Nvidia.

Comment

NVidia is on about 70% average then WIndows version of this game and on Ponostroy videos radeonsi is on about 50% of Windows versions... it is not that AMD is at half speed of nVidia on this one, but half when you do comparison to Windows

Even on big nVidia's cards, nvidia driver lack 30% somewhere in this port, see this video

Comment

Basically nVidia runs it at 70%, AMD runs it at 50%... so AMD is not supported but nVidia is, hmm.

But that is it, on average - 60% alcohol... as i like to say

Comment

And usually that alcohol between two is actually amdgpu-pro, altough once game is profiled

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Build a gaming pc..
                      Specifications and benchmarks of the AMD Radeon HD 8670M graphics card for notebooks.

"The performance of the Radeon HD 8670M is similar to the old Radeon HD 6750M and GeForce GT 630M. Current and demanding games like Far Cry 3 will run fluently only in low resolutions and detail settings."

"With bindless textures, if you do something wrong, the GPU can crash or your program can terminate. It might even bring down the whole OS.

The OpenGL ARB decided to make the functional optional by having it be an extension."
                      As with any low level ARB function. And no, not the whole OS.

Comment

Working...
                      X