Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Might Be Seeing A Linux Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pininety View Post

The Witcher 3 was DRM free on release both on linux and windows. CD Project decided that DRM does more harm then good and hence did not use any.
    It was never released on Linux, but there were rumours and many signs that it would. Including a steam pre-sale for games coming to Linux.

Comment

Yes, yes, YES!!! I'd love that. While I did rant about DXHR, I still enjoyed it very much. Hope it's not going to be a crappy port though. :/

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

Me too. Not sure if "exes" is the correct latin plural, though.
      The word "ex" is a preposition, so number doesn't apply to it. Since it's a title anyway, the proper wording would be "Deus Ex games" anyway. Yes, I'm a language nerd, as you can see.

Comment

Vulkan is new hence no wonder only little games for now. The game looks fun, is it FirstPersonShooter game style alike for ex. Tomb Raider or only in the videos?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          It's also going to be bundled with the new 6 and 8 core Zen CPUs. I'm hoping to get one of those (assuming it benchmarks ok) so that along with Linux support sounds pretty awesome to me.
          Are you sure about this? According to http://www.anandtech.com/show/10593/...nd-amd-fx-cpus the game will be bundled with FX processors, not Zen, and the promotion runs from august 23 to november 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post
            Yes, I'm a language nerd, as you can see.
            The guy who used to learn Latin and old Greek in a previous life appreciates your nerdiness.

Comment

That wiki page was updated to include:
              Deus Ex: Mankind Divided August 23, 2016 Eidos Montreal, Feral Interactive(Linux, OS X) Square Enix, Feral Interactive(Linux, OS X) Microsoft Windows Action role-playing game, Shooter game Linux release date: November 3, 2016 - Vulkan support announced for first half of 2017 for Linux[6]

Comment

Working...
              X