No announcement yet.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Might Be Seeing A Linux Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway the game appears to be a turd, and is barely even supported on Windows. Just crap at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

DRM is just a layer on top of the game, they could easily strip it out for Linux if the publisher agrees.
      Wouldn't that defeat the whole point of having it on the windows version though?

Mind you, that would piss a few people off if it turns out that way.

Comment

How ? will they use an opengl wrapper? Actually they have problems with a proper dx12 support (delayed for a month) - under dx11 it is very demanding. If they should move to Vulkan why didn't they developed it in the first place with it. I doubt that any rig could provide a decent performance with opengl wrapper and worse driver (compared to win). I really hope that there will be a Linux version. But for now ...only a very very few number of linux users with top notch PC could play it with proper framerates.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Wouldn't that defeat the whole point of having it on the windows version though?

Mind you, that would piss a few people off if it turns out that way.
          Well, it depends I guess.

Presumably they'd view the linux binary as being different enough it wouldn't help reverse-engineering on Windows.

And they could still require DRM on linux, it'd just be Steam's instead of Denuvo.

Steam's DRM is probably considered less secure, but I'd bet they don't care as much about it because they don't think nearly as many people will run it on linux. I mean, even if they released it without DRM at all there's probably a limited number of people who would take the time to install a linux distro somewhere just to get a free game out of it.

Comment

I really wouldn't put that much faith into SteamDB entries... We got SteamDB entries for Avalance's Mad Max game from last summer not that long after the Windows and console versions launched, but we haven't heard anything official about a Linux port since then. They promised to get back to us on the subject soon, but we haven't heard a peep from them in over a year. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that port is finally confirmed dead on Twitter like the Linux/SteamOS port of Project CARS.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
              Like the Witcher 3 Linux release?
              The Witcher 3 was DRM free on release both on linux and windows. CD Project decided that DRM does more harm then good and hence did not use any.

Comment

Originally posted by pininety View Post

The Witcher 3 ... release both on linux and windows. CD Project decided that DRM does more harm then good and hence did not use any.
                Nice joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Behem0th View Post

Nice joke.
                  That was no joke. Look it up. Was one of the major selling points for me to preorder the game.

As an example:
                  If you need an example of a game developer doing something (well, a lot of things) right, look no further than CD Projekt Red and their latest multi-platform role-playing game, Witcher 3: The Wild …

Comment

well, i hope it won't be as slow as tomb raider and that they will port other deus exes too

Comment

Originally posted by pininety View Post

That was no joke. Look it up. Was one of the major selling points for me to preorder the game.

As an example:
                      If you need an example of a game developer doing something (well, a lot of things) right, look no further than CD Projekt Red and their latest multi-platform role-playing game, Witcher 3: The Wild …
                      With regard to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, I believe Behem0th was referring to "...release both on →linux← and windows."

Comment

Working...
                      X