Day of the Tentacle Remastered Is Out For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    On the Humble Bundle page of the game, there's no Redeem on Steam for Linux, but hopefully this is only because the Linux version has just been released. Hope they will let us do it.

I would be interested to buy it from there to get the DRM-Free version and then redeem it on Steam to actually play through it.
    To answer my own question. I was able to buy it DRM-free on Humble Bundle and to redeem it on Steam.

This is how it should always be!

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
      Sadly this involves giving money to Tim Schafer, so until it shows up on HumbleBundle or some other place in such a way you can pay for it without having ant if that money end up in Tim's pockets I'm going to hold off.
      Or, how about you pay for it normally, so the developers who put their sweat and tears into this are appropriately compensated. Go ahead and hold a grudge against Tim if you like, but don't let your attitude affect the people that work for him.

Comment

The game seems to be well done, it has Steam achievements which work for Linux. Those did not work with Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded, so the port is definitely better if you compare those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Taupi View Post

take us in the loop: your laptop overheat because of the processor or gpu? What gnu/linux have you?
          Not yet bought on gog (thanks Kristian Joensen for the survey ^^) . I will go on holiday with my laptop so if it is not optimized, i won't buy
          Kind of false alarm, sorry. Apparently it's working fine, now. Perhaps the latest updates have fixed the issues, who knows.

Anyway, I run Archlinux on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Ultrabook.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeK View Post
            Or, how about you pay for it normally, so the developers who put their sweat and tears into this are appropriately compensated. Go ahead and hold a grudge against Tim if you like, but don't let your attitude affect the people that work for him.
            So tell how do I pay money for this game in a way that doesn't lead to Tim getting his share of the money? Unfortunately there isn't one and the best you can do is an "All money goes to charity" Humble Bundle.

Comment

Working...
            X