No announcement yet.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered Is Out For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy! This is my all time favourite. Such a cool game!

Will buy of course.

Can anybody report if the integrated Maniac Mansion version works? It didn't with my copied game back at the time. Then it's 2 for the price of one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
      Oh boy! This is my all time favourite. Such a cool game!

Will buy of course.

Can anybody report if the integrated Maniac Mansion version works? It didn't with my copied game back at the time. Then it's 2 for the price of one.
      Can't think of a reason why it wouldn't. I do remember back in the day some of the copies had the files for maniac mansion ripped to save space. It was the time of the floppy disks after all. You could just copy the files back and it would work.

Comment

Judging by the screen shots, this one has wide screen support, too. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Taupi View Post

fu*k not yet on GOG, i will have to wait https://www.gog.com/game/day_of_the_tentacle_remastered
          It is on GOG now.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
            Bought and now downloading

Adarion there's a drm free version here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/d...rce=search_bar
            Ah, thanks. Yeah, I nearly forgot about Humble. I got nearly every HIB that exists, but they started releasing so much... "stuff" inbetween; you know, Windows only is one thing, but then even Uplay, Origin and such crap, I checked less and less often what they had in store. But thanks for the hint. With the GOG one available I'll check now whom to give the money.
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Sadly this involves giving money to Tim Schafer, so until it shows up on HumbleBundle or some other place in such a way you can pay for it without having ant if that money end up in Tim's pockets I'm going to hold off.

Comment

Originally posted by ghibli View Post
                I buy all the linux games I can, just to support the linux game development, I have about 600, but... I only support them if they are drm free, I want the complete pack, , I'll wait like I waited for my Another World (Out of this world) in Gog because in HB-steam was with drm. Btw I play them on steam (so I like also dual steam-drmfree) but I must have a working copy of it in my harddrives, just in case.
                It says DRM-free on humblebundle.com, which should mean you can download it from them and play it any where, any time, no steam involved if you want.

Comment

On the Humble Bundle page of the game, there's no Redeem on Steam for Linux, but hopefully this is only because the Linux version has just been released. Hope they will let us do it.

I would be interested to buy it from there to get the DRM-Free version and then redeem it on Steam to actually play through it.

Comment

It makes my laptop overheat. I have an integrated Intel Haswell graphic card. Does anyone else experience the same?

Comment

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post
                      It makes my laptop overheat. I have an integrated Intel Haswell graphic card. Does anyone else experience the same?
                      take us in the loop: your laptop overheat because of the processor or gpu? What gnu/linux have you?
                      Not yet bought on gog (thanks Kristian Joensen for the survey ^^) . I will go on holiday with my laptop so if it is not optimized, i won't buy

Comment

Working...
                      X