Yes, There Is Vulkan Support In Doom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F1esDgSdUTYpm0iy View Post
    Your point being? You're derailing yourself here. Your assertion was that something that is not sold in stores is somehow less valid of a product, that is what I responded to. The reason why there aren't more Linux ports of games has nothing to do with that.
    If a port is not available to the wider public and restricted to people with special knowledge not held by the vast majority of people, can you really call that an official release? It's like saying that a car is totally available to the public, but you need to know someone at the manufacturer to be able to buy one.

As for the reason why there aren't more Linux ports? Too cost inefficient. Not enough gamers using Linux and therefore not enough money to be made there. Heck, I game on Linux... but, I rarely use the Linux builds. Mostly I resort to using Wine.
    This is completely beside the point, if a port of a game is never made available to the wider public and intentionally restricted to a small claque, it's hardly an official release.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
      It's like saying that a car is totally available to the public, but you need to know someone at the manufacturer to be able to buy one.
      Bad analogy really. The fact the knowledge was/is not held by the vast majority of people does not mean it's not available to them. Knowing someone at the car's manufacturer's company is not something generally available. There's a difference there.
      This is completely beside the point
      The irony is so thick in this one, I need a chainsaw to even have a chance of scratching the surface.

Anyhow, it's been fun (NOT) but, really... this little debate has derailed from the original topic so much, it's not even funny anymore and I'm no longer in the mood to play. So,have your odd little opinion on what is and what is not an official release. At the end of the day, it's not like your opinion matters anyhow.

Comment

Bad analogy really. The fact the knowledge was/is not held by the vast majority of people does not mean it's not available to them. Knowing someone at the car's manufacturer's company is not something generally available. There's a difference there.
        People generally tend to assume that most people are going to be like them and you certainly seem to be doing just that. The vast majority of people who just want to play a game will not go trough the bother of learning how to use wget or take to genuinely illegal methods the same way most people who want to buy a car will not try to get to know someone at the manufacturer just to get one. Seriously, for most people using wget is not too dissimilar to telling them to start cutting themselves and making pentagrams using their blood to summon demons.

The irony is so thick in this one, I need a chainsaw to even have a chance of scratching the surface.
        Irony? I think you mean truth seeing how something not being very popular is besides the point when it comes to if it's an official release. When you need special knowledge and intentionally make sure that the wider public doesn't have access to it then it's hardly an official release.

Anyhow, it's been fun (NOT) but, really... this little debate has derailed from the original topic so much, it's not even funny anymore and I'm no longer in the mood to play. So,have your odd little opinion on what is and what is not an official release. At the end of the day, it's not like your opinion matters anyhow.
        Yeah, not fun to lose and argument, but what are you going to do when that happens? Actually admit defeat? Much better to just tell the other party you won and leave the argument as if you won it.

Comment

Yeah, not fun to lose and argument, but what are you going to do when that happens? Actually admit defeat? Much better to just tell the other party you won and leave the argument as if you won it.
          My, my, insecurity issues much? I will admit to no defeat, there was nothing to win or prove. A difference of opinion is a difference of opinion. You have your opinion on what qualifies as an official release, I have a different opinion. Nothing more to say than that, really.

It's like debating on whose music is better -- Justin Bieber or Mozart? I certainly have my opinion, others would have a different opinion. Is one more valid than the other? Is there something to be won there?

So, yes, you can have your "victory" if that fills whatever hole in your soul you have that needs filling. I would recommend psychiatric help instead though. Or maybe just getting laid on a regular basis. Take your pick. Just don't try and imply I needed to win something here, I didn't. Mathematicians have yet to come up with a number so small that it describes just how little I care about "winning" a debate with you.

Comment

My, my, insecurity issues much? I will admit to no defeat, there was nothing to win or prove. A difference of opinion is a difference of opinion. You have your opinion on what qualifies as an official release, I have a different opinion. Nothing more to say than that, really.
            It's kind of funny for you to talk about insecurities when you first decide to leave the argument, but then can't stand to let the other party have the last word so you come back.

It's like debating on whose music is better -- Justin Bieber or Mozart? I certainly have my opinion, others would have a different opinion. Is one more valid than the other? Is there something to be won there?
            That might apply if we were talking about if the Linux versions, not the releases of them, were official. When you deliberately make something not available to the wider public it's not really an official release. You are right that this is something you can have different opinions on, but only in the same sense that you can have differing opinions on topics like if chem trails are used for mass mind control, if 9/11 was an inside job and if man ever went to the moon or not.

So, yes, you can have your "victory" if that fills whatever hole in your soul you have that needs filling. I would recommend psychiatric help instead though. Or maybe just getting laid on a regular basis. Take your pick. Just don't try and imply I needed to win something here, I didn't. Mathematicians have yet to come up with a number so small that it describes just how little I care about "winning" a debate with you.
            That's kind of rich coming from someone who decided to start acting like a complete snob and just leave the discussion while insulting the other party. However it's not like I can't stop you from acting like a complete knob...

Comment

Working...
            X