Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Linux Games Are Most Important To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thetargos
    replied
    The gameplay takes a few minutes to getting used to. Reminds me a bit of Deus Ex, though it is more like Metal Gear Solid (alas, the main character lacks all the fancy stuff and moves, which makes it kind of appealing)

Leave a comment:

• niniendowarrior
    replied
    I don't know about Cold War. I only played a little of that from the demo. And then the demo always froze my Linux box. From what I've seen, I'm not very impressed. In fairness, I only got through like a few minutes of the demo.

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    A few days ago, I re-installed Cold War on my machine, and been hooked. I had forgotten how good this game actually is! , so it gets another mention from me

Leave a comment:

• dashcloud
    replied
    I'm sure some of these were mentioned, but I'd like to make sure Introversion's first 3 titles get mentioned: Uplink, Darwinia, and Defcon. All truly excellent, and incredibly atmospheric (especially Uplink, and Defcon).

Leave a comment:

• Aradreth
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I'm just saying that just because it's a new or last-gen engine doesn't mean it's automatically 6-digit figures. I assume Epic and id get away with it because they're popular/well known (or Unigine isn't all its cracked up to be, but the demos are pretty impressive none-the-less).

Still might be a good idea to keep an eye on the listed titles, though. Quite a few are as yet unnamed/unanounced, with more not currently listed due to NDAs.
    iD an Epic get away with those sums because of the support they offer and apparently the engines are extremely easy to work with. It's not just the features the end users get to see that count (think gimp to photoshop, they both have a similar feature set- photoshop costs a lot but is easier to work with (or so I'm told, I have no talent for art and so have never used photoshop :P)).

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    I'm just saying that just because it's a new or last-gen engine doesn't mean it's automatically 6-digit figures. I assume Epic and id get away with it because they're popular/well known (or Unigine isn't all its cracked up to be, but the demos are pretty impressive none-the-less).

Still might be a good idea to keep an eye on the listed titles, though. Quite a few are as yet unnamed/unanounced, with more not currently listed due to NDAs.
    I'm keeping an eye on it once you reminded me about the engine. Nothing on the official list yet- but, still, you never know in this silly business. I didn't think anyone would be resurrecting the good stuff from Interplay like GoG has done.

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    Originally posted by Julius View Post
    Back on Topic:

Savage2
    Sauerbraten
    Battle for Wesnoth
    FretsonFire

ET:QuakeWars too but I have not really played that much lately.

Is there still anyone playing Quake4 MP? Haven't checked in ages.
    I play vanilla quake4 mp somewhat regularly. Theres usually 2 or 3 servers for DM / TDM, and several others for Freezetag, which i dont like. There are many more servers but most of them are usually empty.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Unfortunately, all the titles you mention that you want don't USE Unigine that I know of.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    By contrast, there's Unigine which is more on par with the likes of UE3 and the Crysis engine (and has a native Linux port, btw):
    Unfortunately, all the titles you mention that you want don't USE Unigine that I know of. (Seriously, enlighten us over in the wishlist thread- I'd love to add anyone that might be a win for us over there into the "looking into" list.)

If they did, it'd be less of an uphill battle getting them- much like you'd think it'd be.

Leave a comment:

• Pulfer
    replied
    The Battle for Wesnoth
    Secret Maryo Chronicles
    Various emulators (SDLmame, ZSNES etc)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X