Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godot 2.0 Is Out, But Godot 3.0 Will Be Even More Exciting

Phoronix: Godot 2.0 Is Out, But Godot 3.0 Will Be Even More Exciting

Godot, the cross-platform game engine that was open-sourced two years ago, is up to version 2.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great effort, but it seems practically no one is using this engine today. So it is (and will probably remain) more of a toy project.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Great effort, but it seems practically no one is using this engine today. So it is (and will probably remain) more of a toy project.
      Okam Studio just signed a publishing contract with Koch media for their upcoming Dog Mendonca etc title (March 16 is the last release date i know) and there are plenty of indie projects using this engine for their project. Check the Godot facebook for a quick glance on the activity. Or wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by araxth View Post
        Okam Studio just signed a publishing contract with Koch media for their upcoming Dog Mendonca etc title (March 16 is the last release date i know) and there are plenty of indie projects using this engine for their project. Check the Godot facebook for a quick glance on the activity. Or wikipedia
        Yes, I've seen there's a (short) list, but there's nothing noteworthy in there.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Waiting for Godot based games...

(sorry)

Comment

Glad to see news about godot, I think it's a great engine. By the way, the main reason Godot is not popular, is that they still don't have an asset store, so you need to write all your code from zero. And depending what you are doing, it's not always so easy.

Comment

Asset store is anyways bad. Gives you myriads of copy-clones of the same assets and crappy/boring games (see Unity for prime example of this).

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                Asset store is anyways bad. Gives you myriads of copy-clones of the same assets and crappy/boring games (see Unity for prime example of this).
                Not always, for example, once, I bought a Unity library to draw and manipulate vectors. If i had to write that library for myself i would never end.

Comment

Well a friend of mine use Godot in his project. It's already Greenlitted if I'm not mistaken.

If you look for Godot in Steam you'd see his game in the screenshot section.

Comment

Working...
                  X