Steam Linux Gaming To Hit 1,700 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sjukfan View Post
    There's a LInux version of Postal 2, what else do you need?
    Beside Postal 2 i guess goal is to have Half Life 3, Uncharted 4, Halo 5, Super Mario 3D World... on one GNU box and of course drivers without frimwares

Comment

Jesus I spend 30 minuets writing a post and then it get snatched up in moderation for 10 hours >=(

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
        Only three more weeks to go til Vulkan.. I can't wait.
        Etna spectaculary erupted already couple days ago, i thought API would came same day

http://www.forbes.com/sites/trevorna...ting-lava-air/

Comment

So much indie GAMES!!! YEAH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
            Immediately when I saw the title, I went to the comments and scrolled down to see whether there was a comment by johnc saying something pessimistic and/or stupid about Steam machines. I wasn't disappointed.
            Actually there is a trollbar under each user, actually it's a post bar, but if somebody makes a trolling comment, and the bar is big, I've noticed that the bar is big only due to trolling. You can usually call it a trollbar, because it generally is true. There are only a *few* exceptions to this. There are actually people with a full trollbar, that actually post noteworthy comments instead of trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by FuturePilot View Post
              Too bad almost none of them are AAA class games
              Actually I only miss one AAA class game, the remainder usually is a B class, promoted to AAA by marketing.
              I miss GTA. The only game (GTA-SA) that kept me seriously biking for 2 weeks without doing *any* of the "quests". Technically speaking GTA-SA runs on linux but within an android shell ;-). And the pc-masterrace version is so much better (using wine). But I still have some troubles mapping the steam controller with steam big picture, starting PlayOnLinux steam starting GTA-SA. Problem is within wine though, the axis mapping is off. Triggers get treated like the camera paddle in -1.0 position.

Comment

And Total War: Attila should finally be available this week. It is one of the rare few I have to reboot to Windows to play. Steam machines also look very tempting if a bit pricey to my taste. I sure hope they will sell well enough so Valve keeps investing into Linux.

Comment

Valve made the DirextX/OpenGL wrapper/translator for devs to use, if they wanted a cheap and somewhat efficient port.
                  I'd love to see that DirectX wrapper/translator target Vulkan instead of OpenGL.
                  I also think that Wine could reach even better performance if it too targeted Vulkan.

I suppose it'd be possible to recreate the Direct3D API on top of Vulkan, making it quite alot easier to support Linux, with better porformance, compared to existing options.

Comment

Originally posted by sjukfan View Post
                    There's a LInux version of Postal 2, what else do you need?

GTA, Fallout, Witcher 3, Battlefield, Call of Duty, FIFA, Need for Speed, Project Cars...

Comment

Lately i don't have much time (if at all) to play games, but when I have - I usually go TF2 (linux) or BF4 (win)... So...
                      The day (any) battlefield (preferably 4) goes Linux, I'm formatting my windows disk...

Comment

Working...
                      X