Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex2 remark is of your opinion. I happen to have the complete opposite opinion of it.

Anyhow, keep 'em coming guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
      What about the original CoD? It's still a blast on multiplayer, and technologically speaking is sort of on par with Medal of Honor Allied Assault. And that runs natively on Linux as we all know. What do you think?
      Activision would probably still charge an arm and a leg to port it, or just say no period, I mean, they could literally take a dump in a box and write Call of Duty on it, and charge 70,000$+ to have it ported. Remember, Activision is in bed with M.. Yeah I won't go any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malikith View Post
        Activision would probably still charge an arm and a leg to port it, or just say no period, I mean, they could literally take a dump in a box and write Call of Duty on it, and charge 70,000$+ to have it ported. Remember, Activision is in bed with M.. Yeah I won't go any further.
        "Call of Duty 6: Piles of S***" I'd pay to see that!

Comment

Oh, ok, I understand, and yes, i dont think it was appropiate for Actiontec and Verizon to misapropiate busybox. I was just so excited about these games finally getting some well deserved attention. But, does that mean that you are dropping these games off the list? That'd be kind of a pity. Ok, what if we combine efforts to find who owns the copyright and get them to allow working on them? You can count on me.
          Oh, they're not off the list. They just don't get started until we find someone that we can claim having done due diligence with that we believe is a rights holder that can give us rights to the code and maybe even the assets for a remix. I need to check into what happens if the company dissolves and there was no direct assignment of the code to the officers of the company- I think rights devolves to the developers that did the work. If this is the case, then there's no issue as one of the rights holders with standing on the code released it in the manner he did. We'd just need a license grant (GPL/BSD/etc...) from HIM for the code or him formally releasing it into the Public Domain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
            Oh, they're not off the list. They just don't get started until we find someone that we can claim having done due diligence with that we believe is a rights holder that can give us rights to the code and maybe even the assets for a remix. I need to check into what happens if the company dissolves and there was no direct assignment of the code to the officers of the company- I think rights devolves to the developers that did the work. If this is the case, then there's no issue as one of the rights holders with standing on the code released it in the manner he did. We'd just need a license grant (GPL/BSD/etc...) from HIM for the code or him formally releasing it into the Public Domain.
            Ah, great! So maybe Les Bird is the rights holder, and he doesnt know it. I emailed him several times before, and i believe he'd release the code on a gpl/bsd type of license if he was. Maybe release it to the public domain even.

Comment

• What about the GTA games? Would Take 2 be interested or even cared enough to consider a linux port of their games? Maybe GTA III or its derivatives. (vice city, etc).

Comment

What about the GTA games? Would Take 2 be interested or even cared enough to consider a linux port of their games? Maybe GTA III or its derivatives. (vice city, etc).
                Any big player, unfortunately, is going to be a bit out of reach unless they're already making rumbles about Linux versions. Take2 is no exception to the rule. We're nothing but a drop in the sea to them (never mind that we comprise some 5-10% worldwide of the installed desktop userbase in reality- because they don't have good sales numbers...). Right now, the GTA stuff's in the dead-end pile as any of them would require much, much too much cash- if they were willing to give us the time of day. Unless you can get me a real foot in the door with Take2 and Rockstar, it's going to stay in the dead end pile (where it already was... )

Comment

• Ah ok, damn, well, it was a nice idea.

Comment

• OK, so honestly, what's the deal? We are stucked (at best) with 10 years old titles or nothing? Because almost any title mentioned in this thread is marked as "no deal" or "probably no deal"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      Not so sure if the law allows the devs to take the rights if the officers don't specifically own the rights...maybe some legal opinion be needed for that

Comment

Working...
                      X