C4 Game Engine Continues Supporting Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cyrix View Post
    Wow. Last time I checked (when all this happened back in january) I think it was around 80 bucks, which was quite reasonable IMHO. But $300? No way, sorry.
    The $80 version only included a year of updates. The $300 version has updates for life. I think that's pretty reasonable, you pay one time and you get every update ever made in the future, and there are no royalties. And you have the Linux source, so you can't lose that no matter what idiotic decisions they make about dropping platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBart View Post
      The $80 version only included a year of updates. The $300 version has updates for life. I think that's pretty reasonable, you pay one time and you get every update ever made in the future, and there are no royalties. And you have the Linux source, so you can't lose that no matter what idiotic decisions they make about dropping platforms.
      It is good to have a lifetime license, but I think they should have let this $80 entry option stay, for those who just want to get started in game development. They also gave you the source prior to this price rise.

Comment

Working...
      X