Unreal Engine 4 Linux Tests With AMD & NVIDIA Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    All the tests in this article are with Catalyst.... As mentioned a few times in the article text.
    Yes sure, that makes sense. Just wanted to mention it.

Comment

radeonsi 7790 tests
      OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Here everyone thought Catalyst was improving with 14.12 and maybe it is slightly but as we can see when we actually put the driver through it's paces with modern benchmark tests, everything falls apart. This Unreal 4, Metro Redux, and Civilization Beyond Earth tests prove that Catalyst on Linux is still very broken.

Maybe AMD driver engineers need to join Phoronix forums to learn how bad their drivers stack up to their competition. I know we have one but IIRC he doesn't really do Catalyst development anymore.

If AMD was striving to make Catalyst a luxury all-wheel drive vehicle, this is what they've so far succeeded at making:

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
          Nice. That's exactly what I was looking forward to. Now I have a nice baseline to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
            If AMD was striving to make Catalyst a luxury all-wheel drive vehicle, this is what they've so far succeeded at making:

Nailed it

Comment

How about using another unit instead of frams/s/watt? Its the same as frams/joule

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
                Haha, point taken.

I just looked at the pretty pictures.

I actually do the same thing. The difference being that when I see something that makes me go "Huh?" or "What?" I read the little bits of text below that explain what's going on. It's actually my favourite part of the benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
                  How about using another unit instead of frams/s/watt? Its the same as frams/joule
                  Patches happily accepted to PTS.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

This rocks !

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      FTA: "For this article, Unreal Engine 4's OpenGL 3.2 mode was used rather than the optional OpenGL 4 renderer."

The GL3 mode was used since in a few days will have a comparison to the open-source drivers that obviously are GL3 only.

A separate article at a later date will have GL4.
                      Anyone know how to find out what OGL mode it's in or launch it in a different mode? --help seems useless. --fullscreen put it in fullscreen though, but I had to alt-enter out because fullscreen makes all the graphics mess up for me for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X