X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serafean
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    And why they didn't support OpenGL 2.1 path is above my mind , it still works fine besides skid particles and nitro invert rendered, kart preview missing in menus... blah, that should be easely fixed

That way minimum requirement should easely be down to the decade old hardware like ATi HD2600/ nVidia 6600
    All HD2XXX (r600+) support at least OpenGL 3.3. So it is the minimum requirement. On the nvidia side, 8XXX up is OpenGL 3.3 Granted, 8 years old, not 10.

Serafean.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    And why they didn't support OpenGL 2.1 path is above my mind , it still works fine besides skid particles and nitro invert rendered, kart preview missing in menus... blah, that should be easely fixed

That way minimum requirement should easely be down to the decade old hardware like ATi HD2600/ nVidia 6600

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    @haagch

And that texture compression do weird things too on radeonsi, basicaly effects on 4 with only disabled texture compression should be max safe settings currently... that works fine here

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Hm, what to say - it fixed it for me, that is the only patch i applied and it works current mesa git, current llvm... who knows.
    For settings 4 it works (besides those lines on any), on 5 there are many other problems.

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    No need to apologize Not your fault that intel's gpu are so spotty and system crashing. I saw earlier in the thread that the same thing happened to a radeonsi user as well.
    It can also be problem in game (engine) it is so new(ly forked), i found Bloom effect makes GPU faults on Windows and Linux with Catalyst, the same with opensource radeonsi, that should be bug for engine.

See the list of "known driver bugs" for Antartica engine, no vendor excluded

Last edited by dungeon; 18 December 2014, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vljn
    replied
    Originally posted by geearf View Post
    I've just done a quick test on a R280x with latest stable mesa (ie 10.4), and things work ok till I turn on Dynamic Lights.
    Then whatever is dynamic is just black...
    Not sure where the issue comes from though.

There are many errors in the terminal:

I looked into the missing png files, but they are installed, so not sure, maybe installed to the wrong place?
    Sorry my fault, I removed an "#extension ... : enable" because catalyst complained about it (it's enabled by default) but I didn't check on Mesa. It's reverted in master.

Leave a comment:

• s_j_newbury
    replied
    shadertoy.com works perfectly for me on IvyBridge, latest Mesa git master, both with epiphany/webkit(git master) and chromium-ozone(on weston)

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by haagch View Post
    That's actually the other patch I have already had applied. It doesn't help here. (I believe the problem is only in areas that should be completely white anyway)
    Hm, what to say - it fixed it for me, that is the only patch i applied and it works current mesa git, current llvm... who knows.

Leave a comment:

• dh04000
    replied
    Originally posted by bms20 View Post
    I am very sorry - I did not mean to crash your system.

I tried it on baytrail and ivybridge and it just took forever to load.
    No need to apologize Not your fault that intel's gpu are so spotty and system crashing. I saw earlier in the thread that the same thing happened to a radeonsi user as well. FOSS drivers are missing something critical or implementing it totally wrong.

Leave a comment:

• haagch
    replied
    This one for Unreal engine demos, should also help there for that blackiness:

But for those (sky)lines dunno ... yeah, fill a bug
    That's actually the other patch I have already had applied. It doesn't help here. (I believe the problem is only in areas that should be completely white anyway)

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by haagch View Post
    On the other hand, supertuxkart is very bad on radeonsi for me:
    This one for Unreal engine demos, should also help there for that blackiness:

But for those (sky)lines dunno ... yeah, fill a bug
    Last edited by dungeon; 18 December 2014, 10:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X