BioShock Infinite Looks Like It Might Be Coming To Linux: Steam Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    I keep on trying to get through Bioshock 2 so that I can progress onto this, but it never gets it's hooks into me enough, I'm only a few hours in.

Can you play Infinite without having played 2? I'll try to play through it on Linux if it works ok on the Radeon driver.
    Bioshock 2 was a nasty cash-grab and shouldn't have been made. Skip it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      I keep on trying to get through Bioshock 2 so that I can progress onto this, but it never gets it's hooks into me enough, I'm only a few hours in.

Can you play Infinite without having played 2? I'll try to play through it on Linux if it works ok on the Radeon driver.
      Yes, they're barely related. If you plan to play the DLCs for Inifinite, you should have played BioShock 1 before, but 2 doesn't matter. In general, BS2 is more like a DLC/Addon to 1 than it is a standalone game IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
        Now I'm regretting not getting the complete edition bundle when it was on sale for $10 this weekend. I was like, windows? Ain't nobody got time for that! This changes everything though. I'm so happy and depressed at the same time.
        Christmas sale is coming... Just wait a few weeks, and probably it'll be even cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          I think Aspyr doesn't get any money they port it at their own expenses. They'll get money when you buy it on Mac & Linux but not when you buy it on Windows.
          I doubt it's like that, on Steam you can play on all supported platforms independently from the OS you bought it from.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
            I doubt it's like that, on Steam you can play on all supported platforms independently from the OS you bought it from.
            Yes, but it counts what platform you use to purchase and which platform you use to play the game in the first week. Aspyr said that on /r/linux_gaming. So if you want porting companies getting money, buy on Linux, play on Linux.

Last edited by blackout23; 05 December 2014, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              Christmas sale is coming... Just wait a few weeks, and probably it'll be even cheaper.
              Once the port is done, they always offer a good discount. Also the porter gets the disserved $ when played / installed only on linux for the first weeks.

IMO is better to wait till the port is real.

There is still plenty of so called promised ports that haven't seen light of day... And many lin users gave $ based on that only to be dropped or forgotten. So 1st product then $

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
                Yep, I was going to say that. The only exception to this that I've seen is Call of Duty : Black Ops, where there is a seperate Mac and Windows verison on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by alexThunder View Post
                  Yes, they're barely related. If you plan to play the DLCs for Inifinite, you should have played BioShock 1 before, but 2 doesn't matter. In general, BS2 is more like a DLC/Addon to 1 than it is a standalone game IMHO
                  It really SHOULD have been an addon. I remember seeing someone play it before, who hadn't played the first game, and she had no idea what was going on or why anything was the way it was. I had to explain everything since the game wouldn't. Hell, even games like the Amnesia series do a better job at letting you know what's going on and your character doesn't even remember his own home.

@kaprikawn
                  If you think BS2 is hard to get through I'm surprised you managed to get through the first. IMO, that game felt like a chore to play. I only finished it because I just wanted to see what the fuss was all about at the end. I wouldn't say I was disappointed, but it was more like a "huh, that's interesting" moment than something mind blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                    Yes, but it counts what platform you use to purchase and which platform you use to play the game in the first week. Aspyr said that on /r/linux_gaming. So if you want porting companies getting money, buy on Linux, play on Linux.

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming...atness/cl4z5pb
                    Or just buy your steam key directly from Aspyr.

Comment

Originally posted by zman0900 View Post
                      Or just buy your steam key directly from Aspyr.
                      It's not made by Aspyr!

I love waking up to this sort of news. This isn't confirmed yet, but thanks to SteamDB we have word that BioShock Infinite looks highly likely that it will see a Linux release. CONFIRMED!

Comment

Working...
                      X