BioShock Infinite Looks Like It Might Be Coming To Linux: Steam Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioShock Infinite Looks Like It Might Be Coming To Linux: Steam Changes

Phoronix: BioShock Infinite Looks Like It Might Be Coming To Linux: Steam Changes

The BioShock Infinite first person shooter game released last year for Windows and was trailed by an OS X port looks like it is being ported to Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTg1NDc

Splendid.

Comment

Wow, I did NOT see that coming seeing how the developer has switched his focus away from the series (unfortunately). BioShock Infinite is a GREAT game, played through it twice so far, and looks great aswell (definitly one of the best-looking Linux games when it happens).

Comment

Now I'm regretting not getting the complete edition bundle when it was on sale for $10 this weekend. I was like, windows? Ain't nobody got time for that! This changes everything though. I'm so happy and depressed at the same time.

Comment

Pretty awesome if its true. I've been playing Bioshock Infinite on Linux for awhile but native would be great.

However, who is funding this port? I thought Irrational Games went out of business? Maybe 2K?

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
            Pretty awesome if its true. I've been playing Bioshock Infinite on Linux for awhile but native would be great.

However, who is funding this port? I thought Irrational Games went out of business? Maybe 2K?
            Irrational was developer, 2K is publisher and money guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

I think Aspyr doesn't get any money they port it at their own expenses. They'll get money when you buy it on Mac & Linux but not when you buy it on Windows.

Comment

Ah, too bad it was this game. I really didn't like the first game at all, where playing it just felt like a chore. If this game is anything like the first, this isn't something I care to get into.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  Ah, too bad it was this game. I really didn't like the first game at all, where playing it just felt like a chore. If this game is anything like the first, this isn't something I care to get into.
                  I liked the first game but I felt the violence was too brutally realistic in BioShock Infinite for my tastes.

Comment

I keep on trying to get through Bioshock 2 so that I can progress onto this, but it never gets it's hooks into me enough, I'm only a few hours in.

Can you play Infinite without having played 2? I'll try to play through it on Linux if it works ok on the Radeon driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X