Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Cradle Game Shows Signs Of Life

Phoronix: Unigine Cradle Game Shows Signs Of Life

Cradle, a "science-fiction first-person quest" game that's powered by the visually astounding Unigine Engine, is finally showing signs of life...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Since the last few months I think we are entering in the great era of Linux and the FOSS software, even if it has to pass by non-OSS software.

I am so happy to live in the linux world!

Comment

Wow this looks cool. I hope they finish it and that we can play it in linux.

Comment

Looks stunning! Interesting gameplay as well, this will bring something new ? la genre like Portal did.
        Can't wait to play it, of course on Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Ulukai View Post
          Looks stunning! Interesting gameplay as well, this will bring something new ? la genre like Portal did.
          Can't wait to play it, of course on Linux
          first person puzzle game?

I guess that may be one of the first games I'll buy where I can neither kill nor destroy something. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Comment

nice!

I really like the Unigine Engine, things can look really nice and run good even on older hardware. I am of the opinion that Unigine is just better than Unity. Unity just doesn't play nice with older equipment, heck even some newer hardware also. I wish they would optimize Unity some more.

In any case, we have Leadwerks coming to Linux now and people can build their Games right inside of Linux without worrying about Windows or Mac. To be quite frank, what Linux needs is exclusivity; very good Games that are Linux only. As it stands right now, anything you can get in Linux, you can get for another OS but not vice versa. I've been trying some easy to learn Game making software lately, if I can get the time I'll try to make some little Games for Linux. It's gotta be Fun and Replay-able, otherwise there isn't a point. If it pans out, I might even start a little Indie Co. Even if it doesn't, I still want to do something good for the community.

I believe in GNU/Linux, and I believe since the NSA/Microsoft link seems to of had no effect, perhaps exclusive software will. I'm not talking about junk either, which we have a wealth of.

Comment

I am looking forward to this game, it looks great.

The availability of high quality games has always been the biggest drawback of being a desktop linux user for the last decade and a half. Some opensource games have been great, but few measure up to the commercial games. I am overjoyed by the Ubuntu/Humble Bundle/Steam/Unity push to get games for linux. It makes the desktop experience attractive to users of other platforms. I have no trouble illustrating to my fellow researchers how great a scientific computing platform Linux is (R/GRASS/etc...) however games is still a sticking point for many who want a single platform for work/home.

Some small measure of thanks is due here to Ubuntu for actively pushing commercial games on linux through it's software centre and partnership agreements.

Comment

the Unigine Engine looks really nice any MMO's running well off from it?

Comment

That looks really fantastic, both from a visually pleasing point of view, and from the fact that it looks like it's not a murder simulator, which is what 90% of the games that are not sports/racing games or pony brushing simulators seem to be these days. Color me both impressed and very interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                    first person puzzle game?

I guess that may be one of the first games I'll buy where I can neither kill nor destroy something. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
                    I'd feel happy. There are a billion murder simulators out there already. It's cool to see something else.

Comment

Working...
                    X