X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrMcCoy
    replied
    Originally posted by zanny View Post
    Neverwinter Nights 2 was developed by Obsidian and used the Electron Engine they developed in house for the game.
    Not quite. The Electron engine is not a complete new in-house development; it's an extension of BioWare's Aurora engine.

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
    Phoronix already mentioned this project, though at the time it was called Eos
    Yes, "eos" was just too widely used by everyone else and their dog. In hindsight, I should have thought about that beforehand.

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
    I don't think it's been moving very quickly lately
    Unfortunately, that's true as well. RL interfered. Plus I have a lot (read: too many) of other projects going on; I keep hopping between them.

Originally posted by log0 View Post
    Such complex projects scream for a community to recruit contributors
    I'd welcome any help.

A general overview about what works can be found here: https://github.com/DrMcCoy/xoreos/wiki (the NWN screenshots are a bit outdated though, since NPC models and animations work a bit now)
    A long (non-exhaustive) TODO is here: https://github.com/DrMcCoy/xoreos/wiki/TODO

But the big thing holding back further development is a complete overhaul of the graphics subsystem. Frankly, my OpenGL knowledge is very basic, and xoreos' graphics code is something I hacked together without much experience in how to do a proper 3D engine. It works, kinda, but not really efficient and without many of the features needed.
    Someone with knowledge in 3D graphics, and willingness and time to completely rewrite the whole subsystem would be very much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• log0
    replied
    Hmm, interesting. I am replaying SWKotOR2 with TSLRCM atm. Would be awesome to be able to play it under Linux.

Such complex projects scream for a community to recruit contributors imho (glancing across at openmw).

Leave a comment:

• TheCycoONE
    replied
    Phoronix already mentioned this project, though at the time it was called Eos. I don't think it's been moving very quickly lately.

Found the link: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTAzNjg

Leave a comment:

• zanny
    replied
    Neverwinter Nights 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and The Witcher.
    It was used in Neverwinter Nights 1 and its expansions, Neverwinter Nights 2 was developed by Obsidian and used the Electron Engine they developed in house for the game.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Xoreos: An Open-Source Engine Of BioWare's Aurora

Xoreos: An Open-Source Engine Of BioWare's Aurora

Phoronix: Xoreos: An Open-Source Engine Of BioWare's Aurora

When writing a few days ago about the GemRB project as an open-source re-implementation of the Infinity Engine for Baldur's Gate and then OpenMW as an open-source re-implementation of the engine used by Morrowind, a Phoronix reader pointed out Xoreos...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X