X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that's a big bollocks!

Complete bollocks.
    http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/status/1 ... 2731599872

Re: DOOM 4 rumor, games are done when they are done and no title under development at id has been postponed ? indefinitely or otherwise.
    http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/status/1 ... 7755635712

Comment

• Just wait for the patches to roll in. Carmack has been ranting about fake OpenGL functionality in drivers for ages and since OpenGL is so underapreciated in games, this shit just happens. It will get fixed in two months. And if your computer can't handle the texture speed with 64bit Windows (or compatible) adn texture cache on large, than your computer is seriously outdated.

If you can't play Rage because you can't handle the visual information than you need to get your brain checked (I mean, how do you cope with real life, or are you so autistic that you need to rest every two hours or so in a small room?). It's not id's fault people suck at thinking and gaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        If you can't play Rage because you can't handle the visual information than you need to get your brain checked (I mean, how do you cope with real life, or are you so autistic that you need to rest every two hours or so in a small room?). It's not id's fault people suck at thinking and gaming.
        Hey, real life runs with 500FPS and 5000DPI. And I suspect it uses a voxel engine. Makes shooting at people very easy ^_^

Comment

• you forgot raycasting, much more complicated physics engine true AI with some bots... Openworld as default!

Comment

• The story sucks though. And the characters are entirely unbelievable.

Hey, does this mean Life(tm) is an id game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
              i'm really interested in buying rage for linux,.. but only for linux...

i hope it will run without drm and bullshit.
              this game is "steam-owned" so no serials numbers like with prey-quake4-doom3 ....
              so in fact it requires steam and rage to be ported 2 Linux....

like hl2 , there should be a team that ports game to linux instead of waiting for the official one that definitely looks impossible mostly because of steam

Comment

• i wonder about that, even if there is no steam porting project to linux, the game could be ported and be modified to use the steamworks protocol to activate the game. i doubt that valve would allow such thing but why not, right? DRM is nowadays the current trend so id Software is unlikely to remove from the port!

Comment

• It's also possible to port a game sans-steam. Certain porting studios for certain other systems that have steam but are not windows do this. They even make steam versions for steam and then a version for a competing digital distribution platform minus steam integration although when one does that they tend to have to sacrifice certain features such as multiplayer. But if all you care about is single player it works.

Comment

• It is hard to create a single player protection that does not need permanent online checks that could not be hacked. Also for multiplayer games a serial check like it was done with lots of id games seems to be enough as that usually prevents pirates from playing on official servers. But as that function currently seems to use steam to identify a simple serial check for linux might not be enough. So you might end on linux only servers, no idea if you want that. Steam on Linux would fix that issue immediately...

Comment

• ETQW (and most id software games) had punkbuster for multiplayer protection. the serial key for etqw was only to create a official account and play online. though if for an unbelievable happening like losing the cds or the key but you had your login and password you coukd/can download the iso from a torrent site and log to your official account.

Originally posted by Kano
                      It is hard to create a single player protection that does not need permanent online checks that could not be hacked.
                      true yet useless anyway. who would hack a single player game anyway?

But as that function currently seems to use steam to identify a simple serial check for linux might not be enough. So you might end on linux only servers, no idea if you want that. Steam on Linux would fix that issue immediately...
                      i don't know if there are any dedicated rage servers... from what i understood, you would host the server on your pc if you create a co-op mission where your friend would connect to. the protocol should be the same for all OS clients... thought on linux with the lack on client side VAC it would be screwed for multiplayer. Valve should push an official beta to fix that but to see that happen is like winning the lotery.

Comment

Working...
                      X