Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rage Linux Port Is Not Likely Until 2012

Phoronix: Rage Linux Port Is Not Likely Until 2012

The much anticipated Rage video game was released yesterday by id Software as the inaugural title on their next-generation id Tech 5 engine. Unfortunately, as expected, this first-person shooter mixed with racing game was released without a native Linux client at launch...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great article,
    I only hope it won't be the source for another pile of articles about how Rage is not yet available on Linux.

Comment

You "heard" that it's coming in 2012? :/

Well, if it's true: Better late than never.

Comment

I can wait. 2012 is fine for me

Comment

id Tech 4

Good thing about the liberation of Doom3 source and a possible iodoom3, is we hopefully will see this engine benchmarked (finally).

Comment

Even this cake is a lie! Like UT3, Steam...

So, please, don't start a new series of articles that we all know how will end: we'll never play Rage on linux. Sad but true

Comment

I heard the game sucks terribly on Windows. I'm not going crazy if Rage is on Linux.

Comment

given the current game issues that Windows users face, a Linux/Mac port might end up better in 2012: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2154053

Comment

At least, the game will come with the bugs fixed. It seems that in windows there are several problems:

- Slow texture streaming

Video: Poor performance

- No advanced graphic configuration. The game autoconfigure itself to ensure a 60 fps stability. You only can change resolution, brightness and antialiasing.
                  - Menu for changing weapons adapted for a gamepad rather than a mouse+keyboard.

AMD and NVIDIA are realising new beta drivers to fix texture problems, but it seems that don't work for everyone.

I haven't played the game, this information is only what I have read.

Comment

I wonder if it's using OpenGL or DirectX in Window$?

Comment

Working...
                    X