Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oddest Game To Be Powered By Unigine

Phoronix: The Oddest Game To Be Powered By Unigine

When it comes to Unigine Corp and their first-class multi-platform game engine, as of late we've mostly been talking about them when it comes to their OilRush game, but there's more going on beyond just that. In fact, there's a small game now shipping that is powered by the Unigine Engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    i don't get it ,.,, why not support android for that game or linux??

this game show perfect for an android smart-phone..

Comment

The good about unigine is that even if games will be released without linux 'clients', wine will be able to run them without performance loss by using unigine opengl backend (?)

Comment

What a disturbing little game... what the hell is that irritating popping sound whenever the main character is walking? It must be a "stepping" sound but it doesn't even correspond to the animation. And why are all the characters doing back-flips all the time? What's wrong with them?? And finally, what's the deal with that monkey-type creature following the main character all the time? It doesn't do anything! It just goes wherever the main character goes and stares at it... scary...

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
          What a disturbing little game...
          If you don't love this video,you are probably not the target audience for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            If you don't love this video,you are probably not the target audience for the game.
            I didn't like it, although I learned a lot about the art of cooking so it wasn't a total waste of time

Comment

0.62 oilrush has a mac version available for download.

Comment

As of this morning, Unigine Corp has just sold 1429 pre-orders of their game, which has brought the company just a little over $24k USD.
                Yeah, everyone is gonna pre-order a game that is called "OilRush". Sounds so catchy. It's right up there with "SodaSweep" and "CoalMine."

Comment

Oil Rush: Continuously promising/lying about release dates is highly annoying for game companies to do, especially for those who dared to pre-order this game from this unknown/untested/untrusted company.

This game: There are tons of crapware games pumped out all the time that you will never hear about, and this looks like yet another one based on the seeming lack of anything interesting happening, but maybe I just don't have the whole picture. That, plus the constant loud walking sound, and the annoying follower constantly getting in the way with their body and massive question mark. Seriously, this game seems it could use some major, major overhauls in almost every department before it became a fun game, because walking around a city collecting coins and cards doesn't strike me as riveting. It's like Super Mario Galaxy, except with no platform gameplay to challenge you. In other words, if that's basically the extent to this game's gameplay, this is indeed going to be crapware.

Comment

Working...
                  X