NVIDIA RTX Remix 0.5 Released For Remastering Old Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post

Not everyone can afford a 2000€ GPU to play 4K@120FPS. Money doesn't grow on trees
    Unless you count paper money..

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
      I am too lazy to google it, is there any way I can run this on Proton, any instructions?
      Am too lazy to tell you !

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
        i am serious when i say this, I wish they would do a RT version of Donkey Kong or Super Mario Brothers.

Or maybe Postal 3.
        I guess life with the Switch 2 will be great! 😆

Comment

Has anyone actually used this? Do we have a working example of a game using this?

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
            So you get soft and floaty AI interpretation of the game instead of a deterministic result? Count me in! /s
            Somebody hasn't watched their DLSS in action videos.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
              i am serious when i say this, I wish they would do a RT version of Donkey Kong or Super Mario Brothers.

Or maybe Postal 3.
              you ask for the wrong tool RT is wrong... like the DOOM 1/2 duke nukem 3D area sprite enemies in 2D you can not raytrace it and this is same for donkey kong and super mario...

but there are AI tools for example there is a AI tool for 2D Sprite shoters like DOOM1/2 and dukenukem 3D the AI turns the 2D sprites into 3D pixel art 3D structures.

and these AI tools can also be used to transform Donkey Kong and Super Mario ...

after this AI transformation into 3D pixel art of course then you can use Raytracing.

see Voxel Doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78rJ8l5hSIs

Using AI to Animate DOOM GFX​:

there is Stable diffusion AI trained to generate pixel art from 2D sprides
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Somebody hasn't watched their DLSS in action videos.
                Oh i have, and that's why i can comment. I too was excited when it launched as i somehow thought it could improve image quality. But immediately what struck me in comparisons was that it makes the game seem like a dream, a bit soft and floaty. But it's a minimal price to pay if you have too slow hardware to otherwise get enough fps.
                Last edited by varikonniemi; 02 May 2024, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                  Has anyone actually used this? Do we have a working example of a game using this?
                  PortalRTX made using this - on 4060RTX it run with 15-20fps 1080p without dlss, and 40-60fps with dlss3 on 1080p.

Soooo - performance - as said:
                  Originally posted by RealNC View Post

Not everyone can afford a 2000€ GPU to play 4K@120FPS. Money doesn't grow on trees
                  Will you enjoy 30-40 fps with dlss on 1080p in something like Skyrim just to see blury mess RTX gradients in game?

When you have Dragon's Dogma 2 Path Tracing

That will work with same 15-20 fps (in pathtracing)_ on 4060rtx 1080p
                  But Dragon's Dogma 2 Path Tracing​ - is modern game with much better graphic, and it not RTX it pathtracing.
                  And to have 60fps - you need 4090rtx.

For context - RTX is 1-2 bounce and 1 ray per 4 pixels, Pathtracing - is 8+ rays per pixel with 4+ bounces.

Modern actual games offer better visuals even without RTX than old modded games with RTX.
                  And people play games not because graphic but because gameplay - and no one need outdated boring gameplay you already leaned in past.
                  Last edited by danilw; 02 May 2024, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by danilw View Post
                    Modern actual games offer better visuals even without RTX than old modded games with RTX.
                    And people play games not because graphic but because gameplay - and no one need outdated boring gameplay you already leaned in past.
                    Well, now I know that we can't be friends.

I spend much more time eBaying and playing Gamecube-or-older games (eg. SNES, PSX, N64, etc.) I never had as a kid (or indie games which, more often than not, have pixel art) than I do playing the kinds of games where something like RTX would matter. I just enjoy the gameplay on them more.

It's the modern gameplay I find boring.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
                      I spend much more time eBaying and playing Gamecube-or-older games (eg. SNES, PSX, N64, etc.) I never had as a kid (or indie games which, more often than not, have pixel art) than I do playing the kinds of games where something like RTX would matter. I just enjoy the gameplay on them more.
                      Around 2018 I re-played some Wii games on PC-emulation.
                      Only what I used - is "HD upscaled" version of textures for 2d Game.

I can not imagine RTX or custom modding can improve 3d games from Wii
                      like Metroid
                      or Dead Space

... and even if there will be improvement - I have no motivation to load entire old game to see changed graphic for 1-2 min till I get bored and then uninstall it...
                      ... when I can just play modern game for this time with no effort/time waste required...

I just enjoy the gameplay on them more.

It's the modern gameplay I find boring.​
                      Only reason I played those old games in emulator on PC - because I played them around 2011 on Wii.
                      If I have not played them - I would not care.
                      Because every modern F2P gacha game include all "best" gameplay and mechanics from all previous games.

Modern games - give you filtered experience of "best" gameplay.
                      You do not need to play old outdated game to experience 1-2 good-fun game mechanic that every old game has - you can just play modern popular f2p games - that include hundreds of "fun" game mechanics - will have better experience for less time.

Comment

Working...
                      X