Cassia Aims To Pair Wine/DXVK/VKD3D-Proton/FEX For Windows Games On Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
    Shame that its closed source but as long as they uphold their "upstreaming necessary changes" this can nonetheless be a benefit.

Would be interesting to leverage FEX on power efficient ARM laptops if you want to game on them, i.e. either with Asahi for Mac devices or standard Linux for high end ARM laptops which hopefully should start coming out soon.
    I still don't see why one would get excited for something like cassia and not winlator, especially when afaict winlator is 90% open source with some predone tarballs (which need investigating). But personally im more excited for FEX/Box{86,64} on riscv

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post

They spend the best part of a decade building Fuchsia, and now, at the point of beta release, they can it.

They really are demented.
      If I rember right google did kick almost all dev from Fuchsia.
      google have remove all Fuchsia code from Chrome so it can not be build or runing on fuchsia anylonger

Comment

I'd also recommend checking out Mobox - many people have experienced much better performance compared to Winlaror. In fact I couldn't even get any of the games I've tried (eg Age of Empires 2 HD/DE, Diablo 2) working on Winlator (on my SD8 Gen2 device) but I had no issues with Mobox.
        Contribute to olegos2/mobox development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

In some ways I see it as a good thing. The non-technical consumers will flood to a company who can spoonfeed them support for the product whilst taking pressure off the open-source project developers to actually do a good job and further the industry correctly.
          It can be libre/open source and they can still sell it on the PlayStore, non-technical consumers will mainly get it via this avenue so open sourcing it doesn't look like a hindrance to having people working on it as a job.

Comment

Originally posted by [deXter] View Post
            I'd also recommend checking out Mobox - many people have experienced much better performance compared to Winlaror. In fact I couldn't even get any of the games I've tried (eg Age of Empires 2 HD/DE, Diablo 2) working on Winlator (on my SD8 Gen2 device) but I had no issues with Mobox.
            mobox uses a proprietary bridge however. Usually compat issue has to do with wine/dxvk and its deps like usual. so that might be relatively easy to solve

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

mobox uses a proprietary bridge however. Usually compat issue has to do with wine/dxvk and its deps like usual. so that might be relatively easy to solve
              Mobox doesn't "use" a bridge - it's an optional install, completely up to you if you wait to use it or not. I play with an external controller so I don't install it.

As for the wine/dxvk issues, I've been asking for help around this since Winlator v1.0 (on the EmuGear Discord) and no one has been able to solve my issues - and the unanimous advice has been to use Mobox instead.

Comment

Working...
              X