ASUS ROG RYUJIN II 360 AIO Cooler Gets A Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aleksamagicka View Post

Nope! It's from me, the article does say. Florian Freudiger reversed the protocol and I did the rest. For stable, that refers to when Linux 6.9 will be released to the masses, not when the driver will be done.
    Great work and thanks for your contribution to Linux!

Comment

Nope! It's from me, the article does say. Florian Freudiger reversed the protocol and I did the rest. For stable, that refers to when Linux 6.9 will be released to the masses, not when the driver will be done.
      Great work and thank you and Florian for making Linux more user-friendly !
      Keep up the good job !

Comment

Any chance of supporting anything a little cheaper? Btw, Asus already moved to the Ryujin III - the 2 isn't available in too many stores nowadays and the new version is a million dollars.
        Deepcool, EK, Lian Li and Thermalright seem to be the most popular - even Arctic Cooling?

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
          Any chance of supporting anything a little cheaper? Btw, Asus already moved to the Ryujin III - the 2 isn't available in too many stores nowadays and the new version is a million dollars.
          Deepcool, EK, Lian Li and Thermalright seem to be the most popular - even Arctic Cooling?
          That's what he had and decided to reverse engineer, and I took up that and wrote a driver around it. If you have an unsupported device, know its protocol and can test, I'm down to implement a driver and/or help. Also, NZXT Krakens are recently supported as well.

Comment

That's what he had and decided to reverse engineer, and I took up that and wrote a driver around it. If you have an unsupported device, know its protocol and can test, I'm down to implement a driver and/or help. Also, NZXT Krakens are recently supported as well.
            I'm currently looking at some - to replace my air cooler - if I get one, I can do whatever is requested (then). I agree about the NZXT - if they were a little cheaper - I'd definitely put one on the list. I understand a lot of these coolers use the same pumps so it's a matter of the different fans - that can be swapped out if necessary? The Deepcool LT720 (for e.g.) supposedly is pretty good and cheap. I was considering that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
              I'm currently looking at some - to replace my air cooler - if I get one, I can do whatever is requested (then). I agree about the NZXT - if they were a little cheaper - I'd definitely put one on the list. I understand a lot of these coolers use the same pumps so it's a matter of the different fans - that can be swapped out if necessary? The Deepcool LT720 (for e.g.) supposedly is pretty good and cheap. I was considering that one.
              Look up liquidctl and see what's supported there. Usually, reading and writing can be implemented in a kernel driver as well. And even if not, you have an excellent tool to control the device(s). Yes, fans are just PWM so anything can control them and you can swap for any other (I only use Noctuas myself).

Comment

Nope! It's from me, the article does say. Florian Freudiger reversed the protocol and I did the rest.
                Thank you so much for your contribution. Thank you for taking the time to discuss things here.

Somehow related, for anyone who cares about the watercooling market:
                Why would anyone want their CPUs in the water loop and not their GPUs? I would prefer it the other way around -- GPUs usually produce much more heat. I would have expected watercooled GPUs to be much more mainstream by now. That would make them less of a fringe quirk of the market which asks buyers a pretty premium, am I wrong!?

I don't have a cryptominer but I would have expected those to be on the forefront of GPU watercooling, but again the market appears to be elsewhere. That ought to be maybe the best outcome (best outcome for me/ in my opinion) of that side of GPU market

Comment

Working...
                X