Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS ROG RYUJIN II 360 AIO Cooler Gets A Linux Driver

Phoronix: ASUS ROG RYUJIN II 360 AIO Cooler Gets A Linux Driver

The latest all-in-one liquid cooler receiving a Linux driver to monitor pump speeds and coolant temperatures as well as managing radiator fan speeds under Linux is the ASUS ROG RYUJIN II 360...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully it can also turn off those annoying, gaudy, useless, and detrimental in several ways LEDs that plagues "gamer" hardware these days.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
      Hopefully it can also turn off those annoying, gaudy, useless, and detrimental in several ways LEDs that plagues "gamer" hardware these days.
      Simple: You either set them to black or don't plug in the RGB connector at all

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

Simple: You either set them to black or don't plug in the RGB connector at all
        Which is useless advice when they either a) don't have a fully capable driver, and/or b) built in so just disconnecting them isn't an option, as I was pointing out.

Comment

Which is useless advice when they either a) don't have a fully capable driver, and/or b) built in so just disconnecting them isn't an option, as I was pointing out.
          The article says there is a driver. Also, there are plenty of alternatives without LCD-screens, just buy one of those. Or better yet, get a Noctua tower cooler, they are better anyways.

Comment

Just dont buy an AIO that has RGB it's that simple lmao. You can get the Arctic Liquid Freezer II which performs better at a lower price.

But I'm guessing you don't care, I think your post is mainly your hatred with RGB so everyone else should lol.
            Note I also prefer no RGB but It doesnt bother me if others like it.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJBurger View Post

Just dont buy an AIO that has RGB it's that simple lmao. You can get the Arctic Liquid Freezer II which performs better at a lower price.

But I'm guessing you don't care, I think your post is mainly your hatred with RGB so everyone else should lol.
              Note I also prefer no RGB but It doesnt bother me if others like it.
              I hate RGB thingie beacuse it leaves us with no choice but that fancy damn thigs. The market is full of them and we have to share the extra expense of that extra unnecssary LEDs. It's not out of hate you see? We have a sane reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post

I hate RGB thingie beacuse it leaves us with no choice but that fancy damn thigs. The market is full of them and we have to share the extra expense of that extra unnecssary LEDs. It's not out of hate you see? We have a sane reason.
                Get an Arctic Liquid Cooler AIO then, they make a RGB-less version, and they work better than any Asus crap.

Comment

So it takes 6 months to finish this and make it stable ? That sounds ... slow !

Is this a contribution from Asus ? The article doesn't say... I think Linux is in much need of such drivers, that bring a better user experience to Linux

Comment

Originally posted by toughy View Post
                    So it takes 6 months to finish this and make it stable ? That sounds ... slow !

Is this a contribution from Asus ? The article doesn't say... I think Linux is in much need of such drivers, that bring a better user experience to Linux
                    Nope! It's from me, the article does say. Florian Freudiger reversed the protocol and I did the rest. For stable, that refers to when Linux 6.9 will be released to the masses, not when the driver will be done.
                    Last edited by aleksamagicka; 04 February 2024, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X