Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Wolverine V2 Controller Support Coming With Linux 6.7

Phoronix: Razer Wolverine V2 Controller Support Coming With Linux 6.7

With a set of input driver patches set to be merged today for the Linux 6.7-rc6 kernel, the XPad driver is adding support for Razer's Wolverine V2 Xbox controller...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great to see that more and more manufacturers are adding support for their devices!
    Anyone has any idea how this compares to Sony's Dual Sense controller?

Comment

I hope the support is not as half-assed as the one for the 8BitDo Pro 2 (wired.) I had to upgrade my kernel to get it even working, but unless a game is running (or something that constantly polls it) it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every couple seconds and vibrates every time it does so.

I get the feeling this kind of "support" is implemented by someone who doesn't even own the controller and thus never even tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        Great to see that more and more manufacturers are adding support for their devices!
        Anyone has any idea how this compares to Sony's Dual Sense controller?
        The controller in the article and pull request doesn't compare to any Sony controller since it's a 3rd party Xbox controller, but for Xbox it's somewhere in between their regular and premium controllers. IMHO, the $100 price point is too much compared to the competition so, ironically enough after that comment, I'd spend a hair more to reach my controller spending limit with either the Wolverine v2 Chroma for $150 or the Xbox Elite 2 for $175. For over $100 a controller needs to have more bells and whistles than my $50 8bitdo Pro 2, not essentially the same features.

They have a Razer Wolverine v2 Pro that is a Dual Sense clone with 6 programmable buttons (2 shoulder, 4 back). It's $250. For a controller that's nearly half the cost of a PSVR2, it better compare nicely to the Dual Sense.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

The controller in the article and pull request doesn't compare to any Sony controller since it's a 3rd party Xbox controller, but for Xbox it's somewhere in between their regular and premium controllers. IMHO, the $100 price point is too much compared to the competition so, ironically enough after that comment, I'd spend a hair more to reach my controller spending limit with either the Wolverine v2 Chroma for $150 or the Xbox Elite 2 for $175. For over $100 a controller needs to have more bells and whistles than my $50 8bitdo Pro 2, not essentially the same features.

They have a Razer Wolverine v2 Pro that is a Dual Sense clone with 6 programmable buttons (2 shoulder, 4 back). It's $250. For a controller that's nearly half the cost of a PSVR2, it better compare nicely to the Dual Sense.
          Razer made their brand convincing people to pay more for less, so this is exactly what I expect from them.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            I hope the support is not as half-assed as the one for the 8BitDo Pro 2 (wired.) I had to upgrade my kernel to get it even working, but unless a game is running (or something that constantly polls it) it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every couple seconds and vibrates every time it does so.

I get the feeling this kind of "support" is implemented by someone who doesn't even own the controller and thus never even tested it.
            Hey, I have this controller and the same issue. The issue is also present with the Ultimate Bluetooth Controller when the 2.4 GHz dongle is connected (At least on Kernel 6.1, I haven't tested anything newer). I thought it was an issue on the controller itself or the kernel build I am running. What Kernel version are you running on?

[Edit] - I have also noticed that when the controller is sitting idle and it keeps polling the system the mouse movement is jittery. I have to unplug the controller when I'm done gaming.
            Last edited by carguello2; 23 December 2023, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carguello2 View Post
              What Kernel version are you running on?
              Initially on 5.15 LTS, but it didn't support it at all. So I had to upgrade to 6.6 LTS (6.6.8 currently) which supports it, but with the aforementioned issue.

Oh, and I did upgrade it to the latest firmware as well (1.03) using my Windows 10 dual-boot.
              Last edited by RealNC; 23 December 2023, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post

Oh, and I did upgrade it to the latest firmware as well (1.03) using my Windows 10 dual-boot.
                I have also upgraded the firmware to 1.03.

Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

After 2 Sony controllers developed drift far too quickly, I got the Wolverine Chroma also because of 4 additional back buttons. it's lasted quite a while now, and I'm glad I got it.

Comment

Working...
                  X