Improved Sound Open Firmware On The Way For Valve's Steam Deck OLED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved Sound Open Firmware On The Way For Valve's Steam Deck OLED

Phoronix: Improved Sound Open Firmware On The Way For Valve's Steam Deck OLED

Earlier Phoronix reporting on the "Valve Galileo" as a new Steam Deck device proved accurate and that is the new Steam Deck OLED gaming console. Further improving the upstream Linux kernel support is a set of patches to further refine the Sound Open Firmware (SOF) support for this new platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully Valve didn't push out any updates for the "stable" 6.1 kernel to land on the ext4 data corruption bug.

Comment

"upsteam"
      I see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
        Hopefully Valve didn't push out any updates for the "stable" 6.1 kernel to land on the ext4 data corruption bug.

I wonder how does the Windows NT kernel fare in comparison to the Linux kernel regarding such regressions. It seems regressions like these are becoming more and more common. Now the most reliable filesystem on Linux isn't immune as well..

Edit: Also, notice this comment :
        Indeed, why was it picked up from 6.5-rc1 (a test kernel!) and backported to stable kernels? Why would any commit be picked up from rc1 through to rc8 etc? It's basic risk management not to do that​
        I mean, this is insanity. Whoever did that needs to be fired. Now this ended up in 6.1 LTS, so it affects Debian Stable.
        Last edited by user1; 10 December 2023, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          See this patch series for the latest work on improving the upsteam Steam Deck OLED sound support with the mainline kernel​
          Next up: Stream Deck

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Arrrrg, to the seven seas we go, to find that booty. All men on the deck !

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              Typo:

It's the Deck in the backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

I wonder how does the Windows NT kernel fare in comparison to the Linux kernel regarding such regressions. It seems regressions like these are becoming more and more common. Now the most reliable filesystem on Linux isn't immune as well..

Edit: Also, notice this comment :

I mean, this is insanity. Whoever did that needs to be fired. Now this ended up in 6.1 LTS, so it affects Debian Stable.
                Well NT is so irrelevant by now with its 260 MAX_PATH limitation, I doubt anyone cares about its obfuscated bugs anymore, nobody ever uses it for anything serious.

At least in IT.

Comment

Originally posted by citral View Post

Well NT is so irrelevant by now with its 260 MAX_PATH limitation, I doubt anyone cares about its obfuscated bugs anymore, nobody ever uses it for anything serious.

At least in IT.
                  You can increase the limit. E.g. GIT installer offers that with one click.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post

You can increase the limit. E.g. GIT installer offers that with one click.
                    ...and applications can opt out on a case-by-case basis: https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.c...n32-to-nt.html

Comment

Working...
                    X