Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUXEDO Computers Launches First All-AMD Linux Gaming Laptop

Phoronix: TUXEDO Computers Launches First All-AMD Linux Gaming Laptop

Bavarian Linux PC vendor TUXEDO Computers announced this morning the launch of the TUXEDO Sirius 16 Gen1, their first all-AMD powered Linux gaming laptop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's a sexy screen - 1440p @ 165hz, unfortunately only 300nits, but still sounds like it'd make for a great viewing experience.

Comment

Now that looks like a laptop, not some stupid overpriced novideo+shitel crap.

Comment

If only i had the need for a laptop - this would really be a nice option!

Comment

RX 7600M XT with a 1440p165 screen? Is it even capable of doing that without going crazy with the likes of FSR and/or dropping quality settings to oblivion?

Well I guess I should be celebrating the fact that someone finally got the idea of making an all AMD Linux laptop with actual graphics oomph, the fact that so many of them are saddled with the burden of NoVideo has been driving me up the wall.

Comment

I like how the keyboard looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
              Now that looks like a laptop, not some stupid overpriced novideo+shitel crap.
              LOL! You expect good AMD/Linux support for their APUs? Hehehe....

Comment

It all looked exremely delicious, but i had a hunch the price will be a bit high. Sadly it was twice over my quick estimate.

Comment

I just glanced over the website... the screen is also 100% sRGB and it does have decent audio jacks, separate mic and headphone, though one can also use this TRRS combo stuff in the headphone jack. 6 h projected battery life isn't super-awesome, but then, it is a large and powerful box. Also features USB4 (not that I had anything here to make use of it). The price seems really fair for a machine like this (basic variant for 1700 E would come with 2x8G RAM (DDR5-5600 from SK Hynix) and some 500 G Samsung 980 NVMe SSD (might be TLC, though). They also have "Pro" option for the SSD or other manufacturers. Or no SSD, and you bring your own. Neat!

"Sadly" I don't need a new machine right now and actually sadly I don't have the money for it.
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post

LOL! You expect good AMD/Linux support for their APUs? Hehehe....
                    Working more than perfect on my 5900HX with APU.

Comment

Working...
                    X