No announcement yet.

VKD3D-Proton 2.11 Released With DXR Now Enabled By Default & DirectX Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VKD3D-Proton 2.11 Released With DXR Now Enabled By Default & DirectX Ultimate

Phoronix: VKD3D-Proton 2.11 Released With DXR Now Enabled By Default & DirectX Ultimate

In time for any holiday gaming, Valve has just released VKD3D-Proton 2.11 as its Direct3D 12 on Vulkan implementation that is used by Valve's Steam Play (Proton) for enjoying the latest Windows games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

15% performance improvement for Halo Infinite.. very nice!
    Now it will run a bit better on the Deck

Comment

This one caught my eye:

• Implement missing MSAD instruction in DXIL, allowing FSR3 to run

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
        Performance improvements are always nice, but I’m surprised people still care about that terrible game.

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post

Performance improvements are always nice, but I’m surprised people still care about that terrible game.
          I finished the campaign a long time ago.
          But my son likes to roam around the island and kill random aliens lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post

One person's terrible is another's favorite.

On the right day I'm really into Snowrunner or Death Stranding, but I can see why someone else wouldn't like those games. They're not exactly what I'd call fast pace or exciting, but they can be slow and zen if you let them...and possibly install an OP truck mod so Snowrunner doesn't piss you off when you just want to chill and deliver stuff and not get bogged down all the damn time. I like the Azov 73210 Kikimore.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
              This one caught my eye:
              This worked in Proton-Experimental since the Forspoken demo was released. It works ok-ish for me in forspoken. Actually if you disable FSR3, the screen will flicker like crazy. When the framerate drops, the lag will go *crazy*. Not what you read in the 100ms, if the FPS goes to 30, lag is >1s for me. This has to be some bug.

But Immortals of Aveum also now has a demo on steam. And FSR works much better with that. You can disable it, without flickering. Also the lag is not terrible for me when the framerate drops. I'm in no way a pro gamer (I actually installed Steam for the first time in my life to test FSR3), but the lag is barely noticable for me even <60 fps.

(On the flip side, Immortals of Aveum uses Denuvo - if that bothers you...)

Comment

Originally posted by Mathias View Post
                I'm in no way a pro gamer (I actually installed Steam for the first time in my life to test FSR3)
                There's a first time for everything Now go play Portal 1+2, it's on sale for $1.48 for both. https://store.steampowered.com/bundl...Portal_Bundle/

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
                  This is crazy as I'm getting stable 105 FPS in Windows 10 LTSC while CachyOS gets me 108 FPS. I can't imagine how it's even possible to squeeze another +15%

Really want to try it but there's pending patches/PRs missing in MESA to make this black magic work according to the changelog, not sure which though?
                  Last edited by Kjell; 25 November 2023, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

There's a first time for everything Now go play Portal 1+2, it's on sale for $1.48 for both. https://store.steampowered.com/bundl...Portal_Bundle/
                    I'm not commited enough yet to give them a real mail adress or even payment details ;-) While I really apreciate what they did for Linux gaming, I really don't like that I can play only one game of all the games I bought at the same time. My son is getting old enough to play games, and we'd have to have separate accounts to play different games at the same time. Steam Family sharing locks the entire library and not only the game that is being played... I think I'll stay with gog as much as I can.

But I guess I will buy portal at some point ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X