The State Of HDR On The Steam Deck With Valve's Gamescope Compositor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State Of HDR On The Steam Deck With Valve's Gamescope Compositor

Phoronix: The State Of HDR On The Steam Deck With Valve's Gamescope Compositor

Kicking off XDC 2023 yesterday in Spain was Igalia's Melissa Wen talking about her work on color management with the open-source AMD Linux graphics driver stack to empower Valve's Linux work on the Steam Deck. That was followed by Joshua Ashton of Valve talking about their work on HDR and color management from the Steam OS / Gamescope side for the Steam Deck...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I didn't understand probably 90% of that lecture, but it was entertaining! Froggies!

Comment

Froggies!

Can anyone explain it for mere mortals?

Comment

Moar colours

Comment

Yip, she is lovely. I guess she left her comfortzone doing a technical presentation in a language foreign to her but she did well. And continuing the tracks it was also nice to get a picture of for example karol. He seems to be one of those totally relaxed heavy metal guys
          Last edited by Hibbelharry; 18 October 2023, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420

If I'm being honest, it didn't help that it starts off with a pretty girl that has a sexy accent and a smile that makes me forget what's going on. I could watch Melissa talk about colors for years and not learn a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post
              Half of my backyard is thorny grass. I know, I walk around barefoot whenever possible.

Oh look, a squirrel

Comment

That squirrel is plotting to kill you!

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                  That squirrel is plotting to kill you!
                  xD

Look at him with his big fluffy tail

Comment

Seems like a tremendous amount of work Valve is doing here. Still kind of boggles my mind that the AMD Linux driver team doesn't just directly contribute to the Mesa driver. Must be some good reasons?

I also hope this thread answers any questions as to why so many open source projects have been instituting codes of conduct
                    Last edited by AmericanLocomotive; 18 October 2023, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X