No announcement yet.

Wine-Staging 8.16 Fixes A 16 Year Old Bug For Games Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this wine staging still run steam and virtual desktop in my case without issues (deb packages from winehq)

Comment

Originally posted by jeisom View Post
      I wonder if they developers of wine should go through the bug list and get the community of users to check the status of a lot of these bugs. Like some projects do for a bug fix weekend, but instead a bug verification weekend. I would not be surprised to find out that the majority just haven't been checked to see if they have been resolved.
      They actually do something like this every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post
        Awesome! I'll finally be able to play Lego Island again! Next it would be great if I could figure out a way around the virtual memory error I get when launching Total Distortion.
        You will probably still need native d3drm and maybe some other stuff too. Also make sure to use Lego Island Rebuilder so it runs decently.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          Go fix the bugs yourself then since it's open source. Wasn't that your religion?

So what's the problem?
          Still better than fixing bugs in your closed source religion where you can only beg and.. pray.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
            Still better than fixing bugs in your closed source religion where you can only beg and.. pray.
            Better for developers.

Not for freeloaders like him.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

You will probably still need native d3drm and maybe some other stuff too. Also make sure to use Lego Island Rebuilder so it runs decently.
              Thanks! I'll keep that in mind when Fedora sends Wine 8.16 down the pipeline!

Comment

Working...
              X