Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 8.16 Fixes A 16 Year Old Bug For Games Crashing

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 8.16 Fixes A 16 Year Old Bug For Games Crashing

Building off Friday's release of Wine 8.16 is now Wine-Staging 8.16 for this experimental blend of Wine that offers up nearly 500 additional testing/in-development patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

16 years old bug... and it is still in the state of "New".

I have some WINE bug reports too, but there are 0 indication of that even somebody opened them at least once. It is frustrating.​

Comment

Originally posted by Kepsz View Post
      16 years old bug... and it is still in the state of "New".

I have some WINE bug reports too, but there are 0 indication of that even somebody opened them at least once. It is frustrating.​
      Wine management is amazing. CodeWeavers should be proud of themselves.

Seriously, public officials are more efficient and better managers.

I understand Wine is a very complex and hairy project, but it severely lacks manpower and better management.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I understand Wine is a very complex and hairy project, but it severely lacks manpower and better management.
        Go fix the bugs yourself then since it's open source. Wasn't that your religion?

So what's the problem?

Comment

Oooh, I liked Fighting Steel when it came out and the offspring still remember Lego Island fondly..

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I'm gonna interject here.
            I understand what you're referring to, only for less than a year gitlab was starting to being used as Merge Request hub, less than 2 years ago they were still exclusively using mailing lists, which in my opinion is stupid for such a large project (the same could be said for linux-kernel and its mailing list: seriously, it's hard to un-entangle everything), and that slowed down so much stuff.

Only relatively recently we're seeing fast-paced development, see: Wayland Merge Requests, faster reviewing, notifications, upvotes, all that stuff.

Comment

I wonder if they developers of wine should go through the bug list and get the community of users to check the status of a lot of these bugs. Like some projects do for a bug fix weekend, but instead a bug verification weekend. I would not be surprised to find out that the majority just haven't been checked to see if they have been resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                Go fix the bugs yourself then since it's open source. Wasn't that your religion?

So what's the problem?
                Ah, the good ol' “everyone-is-a-developer” mentality again.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Ah, the good ol' “everyone-is-a-developer” mentality again.
                  Don't feed the troll! He isn't a developer at all!

Comment

Awesome! I'll finally be able to play Lego Island again! Next it would be great if I could figure out a way around the virtual memory error I get when launching Total Distortion.

Comment

Working...
                    X